Options

Lisbon Restaurants - fine dining, but early

Hello, we are spending an extra day in Lisbon at the end of our journey. We have a 6 hour tour booked during the day and would like to enjoy some early fine dining afterwards which, in Europe, is probably an oxymoron since folks eat later than we do. We are staying at the Intercontinental. Any suggestions on fine dining restaurants serving dinner before 7:00 pm?

Comments

• Options

We did the Lisbon-Douro-Madrid trip in September. We stayed at the Intercontinental for a few days prior to the start of the tour. Many good restaurants were opened before 7:00. Two that come to mind was Comedouro and Pinoquio. Both are a short walk from the hotel.

• Options

Thank you! I'll check them out.

• Options

On the Douro now. Commodore was excellent.

• Options

Our favorite area for eating authentic Portuguese cuisine is the Alfama district. Tasco do Vigario is fabulous for their seafood, especially the octopus, cod and sardines. It is also open from lunch through dinner without closing. The ambiance might not be considered 'fine' but the food sure is.

Have a great trip!

• Options

We absolutely loved Lisboa a Noite. The concierge at our hotel recommended it and they were spot on. It’s located in the Bairro Alto. The atmosphere was great and the food and service were outstanding. I do recall the restaurant seemed empty early on, but then completely filled up as the evening progressed. So you shouldn’t have trouble going earlier. The restaurant and experience there was a highlight of Lisbon!

• Options

We had dinner at Sala de Corte. It is a steakhouse, but the food was excellent. This was in April 2022.

• Options

Belcanto is arguably the finest restaurant in Lisbon, maybe in Portugal. Two Michelin stars for 2023. However, earliest reservation is at 7. If this is the end of your journey I suspect you’ll have been dining later. Perhaps rest up after your tour and have a very exquisite dinner here at 7 (if you can nab a reservation); https://www.belcanto.pt/en/

• Options

Thank you for this recommendation (and thanks to everyone who provided recommendations)! Belcanto, as pictured on Tripadvisor, looks lovely. You are correct that this dinner in Lisbon is at the conclusion of our trip.

• Options

At the conclusion of a Tauck tour, our stomachs need a rest, a piece of toast would do me 😂😂😂and avoidance of a scales for about a month.

• Options
    edited October 2023

If you are staying at the InterContinental, another option is to walk next door and have an exquisite meal at the Four Seasons Ritz. Tauck offered the Ritz as an option on one of our tours, but they apparently do not offer that anymore. Weather permitting you can dine earlier on the lovely veranda or dine later inside. The concierge at the InterContinental was very obliging and made the reservations for us and another couple. It was a very nice evening with delectable seafood. We have eaten there twice -- once when we stayed at the Ritz and once as I described above.