Options

Getting Reimbursement for Flight Costs following the Israel/Jordan trip.

We were, sadly, less than one day into the Israel/Jordan trip when war broke out!! We have been reimbursed by Tauck for the trip itself, but are still trying to get AON Insurance to reimburse our flight costs. Anyone have any advice or luck? Thanks so much!!!

Comments

• Options

So sorry to hear this Lisa. If you don’t get any joy from AON, it might be worth calling Tauck to see if they can help get things moving. This is not like when the Pandemic occurred, there can’t be that many people trying to make claims.

• Options

And see whether your credit card insurance will cover it.

• Options

We got Covid on a trip in 2022 when a negative test was still required to return to the United States. We waited several weeks for Aon and I finally called Tauck. The representative I talked with was understanding and said she would call Aon on our behalf. Not sure how much it helped, but we did finally get most of our costs reimbursed.

• Options

Be persistent with Aon and Tauck.Even though it is not Covidtime,the war probably caused more claims as well.

• Options

It took us about 7 or 8 months to get reimbursement when our Yellowstone trip was cancelled right after we arrived. Keep pursuing.

• Options

I guess I'm just plain lucky. I got mine approved today; total time from submission of claim: 2.5 weeks.