Options

Golf?

Wow, great information from everyone who has reviewed the trip! We are going in March 2024. You all gave me lots to think about! I do have one question! on Day 6 -Badwater Basin and Artists Palette- Morning tour then "Return to the Lodge for lunch, then it's your choice: spend the afternoon at the Inn enjoying the pool, the spa, tennis or a game of golf..." Can Tauck set up a golf tee time for us or do we do this ourselves? It seems to suggest that there is a choice of activities and maybe Tauck can arrange them? I would love to play a round of golf, and I see there is a rental club option! Has anyone opted for this? Looks like golf is ideal at this time of year!

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2023

I've played golf during a Tauck tour (several tours) but always made the arrangements myself. I doubt if Tauck will do that for you. Just call or email the pro shop and they can set up everything, including giving you a tee time.

I've had very good luck renting clubs - the clubs have generally been almost new. I usually bring a bag of balls in my suitcase but they will sell you balls, like any golf pro shop.

My wife and I played golf during a Tauck tour of Hawaii - Wow, was that an expensive round of golf, but it was a really nice course.

• Options

Mike - Wow, was that an expensive round of golf, …

Try a round at Pebble Beach! 😂

• Options

Yes, Pebble Beach is more expensive. Their green fees are about $600 to $700 per player. The Hawaii golf for us was about $500 per player, but that included club rental and cart.

• Options

I played Pebble Beach about 32 years ago. It was only $225 then and it required a one night stay in one of their resorts to get the tee time in advance. Spyglass and Spanish Bay were only $175 each. That included a cart. If you wanted a caddy it was extra.

• Options

I used to live in that area.

• Options

Many ,many years ago on our Tauck Hawaii tour my husband and I played three rounds of golf . There were others who played also. Our tour director made the tee times for all of us. We took our own clubs. Flying was simpler then. I don’t remember the price. He always booked us after the price reduced in the afternoon.

• Options

I have not taken this tour nor do I golf, but I have been on a few trips in which the tour director arranged tee times for guests. The best thing to do is to let the director know at the start of the trip so she/he can survey free time interests. Another option, and probably the best one, is to contact the hotel's concierge before you embark on this tour. Let them know you will be traveling with Tauck and give them your reservation number. I have done this a few times in advance of Canadian tours and have always been helped by the concierge.

• Options

Thanks Everyone for your your input. I think I will try the concierge route!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file