Options

Questions about a new 2025 tour: Sicily, the Amalfi Coast & Rome

I looked at this new tour and noticed something I don't recall seeing before. The pricing for the ships has 10 categories. The tour website doesn't have any access to deck plans to explain the 10 levels. I was just wondering if anyone has seen this before and can explain the 10 levels? I don't recall there being that many different pricing levels in the past. Perhaps it's something new. I haven't been on a small ship tour ship 2021.

The ships being used are:

Comments

• Options

Yes Sam I've seen this but generally on the river cruises where the Categories match in both the Date View display and the Category View display. Example - it you go to Date view, select the word Available under the Availability Column on a particular date it will open up the list of all cabins, their prices and their availability. Click on the plus sign next to the Cabin type and it will give photos, layouts, and list of amenities.

For the small ships they have a different naming convention so it's harder to match which cabin, type, deck etc to the category number. Just switch over to the date view and dive thru it the way I've described above.

I find the category view sort of limited in usefulness. It does let you quickly see which cabin categories are sold out or limited, easily compare prices, etc.

• Options

That category pricing with all those levels also shows up on the Christmas Market Danube River Cruise. I couldn't figure it out either.
    I would assume it is an error. Also for the new Colombia "Land" tour under Important Info (travel documents) it discusses boarding cards for embarking the ship in each port and cruise regulations ! Tauck needs to do better with oversight of their website.

• Options

Thanks, Claudia. I see the breakdown now. I just don't recall there being this many when I did the Iceland tour.

• Options

I noticed about the Colombia trip mentioning the ship, totally confusing and this happens often on tour descriptions.

• Options

Just booked a Category 4 for September, 2025.

• Options

Wow, this one will be extremely popular!

Pricey too, I wonder if it is a Tauck exclusive event or another tour company can do similar trip.

Going with Ponant cruising the Greek Island on L'Austral with different company.

• Options

Is Columbia safe? Any one seen the Level II advisory for Bahamas?

• Options

Yes, lots of murders in the Bahamas. Thinking of going to Colombia.

• Options

I wonder what other country's Dept of State equiv says about US travel...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file