Options

America's Canyonlands May 13, 2024 Tour

My husband and I have this tour booked in a couple of weeks and would appreciate any advice or thoughts from someone who has done this trip recently. We are in good shape and enjoy going on all the excursions and seeing all the sites. Our only other Tauck trips have been the Rhine River and Danube River so this is our first land trip with Tauck. Thanks in advance for any suggestions as to clothing. I don't want to overpack but curious to know if there is a need for something dressy at night, especially the Farewell Dinner.

Comments

• Options
    cvccvc
    edited April 29

We did this tour in the fall of 2022 and absolutely loved it. We were both 70 and I wished we had done this tour a few years earlier but we kept up with our fellow travelers just fine. It was so nice to stay in the parks themselves. We had been to the Grand Canyon years ago when our kids were young, but didn't do extensive hiking with them. On this trip, we really enjoyed the hiking - it made us feel so much more a part of the national parks. I would suggest that you bring clothes you can layer. We did a sunrise hike at the Grand Canyon and there was a definite chill in the air - I wore a hat and gloves. When we did the float trip on the Colorado River, I started out with a fleece but it warmed up quickly and I didn't need it after the first hour. I would definitely bring sunglasses and good shoes (sneakers) for hiking. Our TD told us we didn't need to dress up for the farewell dinner. My husband wore a nice shirt, but I don't think any of the men wore a suit. I wore slacks and a nicer top, but nothing special. Since retiring, most of our trips have been international. This trip reminded me of the wonderful sites we have right here in the US.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file