"Been There" Virtual Travel Quiz? Round #42

See Round #20 for info about and rules for the contest.

Round #40 won by Travel Guy
Submitted by SueMS. Oberammergau, Germany Passion Play Theater wardrobe worn by the actors in the Last Supper scene.

Round #41 won by Travel Guy (again!)
Submitted by Sealord. View of the Gibraltar airport from one of the Rock’s many tunnels. Britain claims sovereignty over it. Seen on Spain & Portugal or Treasures of Spain & Portugal?

Round #42 is officially open. Submit your photo in a reply [Leave a Comment] to this announcement.

Comments

• edited April 2020

OK since no one is offering . .

Where is this?
    What "route" are we on.
    What is the larger of the two small islands in the distance?
    What is on the island?
    What movie is it associated with?

This should be easy for certain types. :D

• edited April 2020

Count Kerry Ireland, England Ireland Scotland, Skellig Michael island, Gaelic Monastery, Star Wars Episode VII "The Force Awakens"

• edited April 2020

4 for 5, though I'll only give you partial credit for the "route," because I was going for "The Ring of Kerry." As to the films, the island was used as a location for Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015), Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017), and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) and at least one other film and a few documentaries. Actually we were on the "Best of Ireland, Small Groups" tour.

I had studied the route before our trip, so when I asked our TD if we would be able to see Skellig Michael, most in our group looked puzzled, didn't know it was an island and wondered why we would stop to view it a few minutes! The Force was definitely not with them :) Luckily, it was a clear day with no fog. I think I got a better shot of it than many others taken from shore that show up on TripAdvisor and it was also lucky I had my 300 mm lens.

If needed, my hint was going to be that the photo was taken from a view point very close to this feature or about 25 minutes down the road from the item in the second photo:

(Loher Stone Fort Caherdaniel ruin)

(St. Brendan the Navigator Monument just outside Cahersiveen)