Options

Gift of Time

"Early Booking Advantage
Receive a Gift of Time, one free hotel night
Book any 2022 Tauck cruise or land journey by September 30, 2021 and receive a Gift of Time, one free hotel night at Tauck’s selected hotels – valued for their ambiance, gracious service, and location – to enjoy before or after your trip. These rooms are based upon availability, so booking early is a true advantage! Gift of Time is for past Tauck guests only and certain restrictions apply (ask for details at time of booking)."

I saw the above in an email from Tauck. In the past, the Gift of time for "Land Journeys" was effective if booked before the beginning of the next year. Not sure if the policy has changed or whether this way a promo to just encourage early bookings. Confusing or just incomplete. Although I have 3 trips planned for 2022, I often add a trip in December in lieu of getting a gift, motivated by the gift of time.

Comments

• Options

I've always thought that it would make more sense if the GoT was keyed to the tour date. Even with the dates you note for this year, it would apply to a tour 3 months away...or 15 months away.

• Options

You usually have to make a booking before the September of the year before. Tauck has been doing this for quite a few years, maybe say since 2005 or maybe it was 2008 after the economic downturn that year.
    We have not been able to get it twice, both bookings were made before the cut off date. Tauck claimed there were no rooms available on one tour….we spoke to others who had booked after us and they got the gift. The second one was because the entire hotel was booked up for a wedding before the Tauck tour. We had to book an hotel ourselves but lucked out big time because it was one of the most amazing and unusual hotels we had ever stayed in. Tauck stayed there the last night, no time to enjoy it. but we had two pre stay nights there and had a wonderful time enjoying the facilities and Tauck agreed to transfer us to the Tauck hotel, a short drive.

• Options

British
    10:03AM
    You usually have to make a booking before the September of the year before. Tauck has been doing this for quite a few years . . . . .

Yup, but that has never been a problem for us. Also, the policy has changed slightly over the years- at one time the certain cruises, e.g. XMAS Mkts, weren't eligible for GOT.

• Options

The new ‘Summary of Purchase’ I just received was confirmation of our gift of time for our June 2022 K&T trip. It is for one pre night at the Gran Malia Arusha.