Options

Amsterdam museum

I just got this email from the Rijks museum in Amsterdam. I love this museum!

We’re opening again!
Book your start time and ticket for the Slavery exhibition

The Rijksmuseum is opening to the public again on 5 June, and that includes the long-awaited Slavery exhibition.

The Slavery exhibition tells ten true stories: personal stories about enslaved people, slave owners and people who resisted slavery. Slavery is inextricably interwoven with Dutch history. The exhibition runs from 5 June to 29 August.

To visit Slavery, you need to reserve a start time for the exhibition and a ticket for admission to the museum. Start times and tickets for the period 5 June to 31 July are available from today. Start times and tickets for the month of August will be available from 1 July.

Comments

• Options

One of our favorite museums. We were there with Tauck in 2018. The tour guide that Tauck provided was excellent and brought so much knowledge and appreciation for the beautiful paintings,
    We had tickets that we purchased before we left for the trip for the Van Gough Museum but were unable to go because we ran out of time.

• Options

I, too, enjoy the Rijksmuseum. I learned from an art historian that The Night Watch has over 50 shades of black. I think the exact amount is 57 (or was it 67)? Amsterdam is one of my favorite cities.

• Options

I've been to the Rjjksmuseum twice on Tauck river cruises and always felt so rushed. Learned from their guides but otherwise seems a blur. Enjoyed the Maritime museum on our own. So much less crowded and time to really read/ listen to the displays. Very high tech place with a great restaurant.

• Options

I have learned that the best shopping can sometimes be found in some of the gift shops of museums. I have always enjoyed sending cards and letters. Museums have the most beautiful notecards. My favorite is the
    Guggenheim in Bilbao, Spain. I am not a fan of modern art but the facade of this museum is gorgeous. Their gift shop has beautiful jewelry, scarves and other odds and ends...perfect for gifts or for yourself.