Options

Namibia bound

Packing that duffel takes a minute. Will be posting a review upon our return next month. The photos coming from Kwessi Dunes on the virgin 2024 voyage look wonderful. My friend is posting her impressions on another platform.

Comments

• Options

Looks as if you might be in for an unexpected surprise!
    Big Daddy dune: Namibia angered by tourists posing naked in dune safari https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-68895522

• Options

Mr. DeMille, I am ready for my close up. 🤣

• Options

This explains why British likes Namibia so much! This sounds like something that a swimsuit model would do. 😂😂

• Options

Yes, I love Namibia!

• Options

I posted elsewhere on the forum. I try to pack clothes that look "okay" but not fashion forward in order to donate clothing before I leave the continent. I have always done this and it provides a nice help to the staff as well as give more space to bring back memorable souvenirs of local sourced products which helps the economy there! I have done this on ALL of my trips to the African continent-not all with Tauck, some were medical missionary trips or with other tour companies. It is a true help to everyone there! I hope this helps with "packing". I will do so again in late September, 2024

• Options

Love that concept, Jill Boyle!

• Options

For those who do decide to donate clothes or shoes before you leave, make sure you let the hotel/lodge know you are donating items. That way the hotel employees don't get in trouble for "stealing". Forgot to add that in my earlier post.

• Options

And make sure they don’t mail them back to you 😀

• Options

I traveled for a living all of my life, and I have never had a hotel mail me any of the dozens of items I’ve left in hotel rooms. I don’t think there is much chance they will mail you your old shoes.

• Options

We have spoken to people who have had things mailed back

• Options

SandyFeet, Have a lovely trip.
    I'm going soon. May I ask for a small favor if you are going with Tauck. Could you. please keep an eye on Day#6 BBQ for lunch to have an idea when it starts, I will skip it, I have another tour to Sandwich Harbour and would like to know at what time the sail part of the activities ends, so I can move my other tour it accordantly if I need to.
    Thanks