Options

Sept. 3, 2016 Zambia, Botswana, and South Africa tour

Would love to connect with anyone going on this tour and perhaps discuss suggestions for clothing, luggage, etc. to take.
Anyone arriving early or staying longer after the tour ends? Any suggestions for things to see and do in Cape Town?

Comments

• Options
    We visited Cape Town on the other South Africa tour a few years ago and fell in love with it. If you can stay on in Cape Town at the end of the tour, I recommend it. But! Before you rush around to see every thing, be sure that your next Tauck tour is not to the Elegant South Africa tour because that tour covers the things we saw then like Robben island where Mandela was in prison and Table Mountain, neither to be missed. We also enjoyed in our own time when we arrived several days early, Kirstenbosch gardens and the Christian Barnard museum. There was a large indoor craft market, maybe someone else who has been more recently could tell you it's name and where. I also saw on the TV just recently on Netflix a fairly recent looking Jack Hanna and his wife strolling a great looking outdoor market in Cape Town. There is plenty of opportunity to just stroll around the area of the Victoria and Albert area. We ae taking this Botswana SA and Zambia tour not long after you and really look forward to visiting Capetown again. If you find anything else of interest to see, please post your finds, we do research before we go to places but have still managed to find sites of interest that we have not found on line or guidebooks and they often turn out or be our favorites.
  • Options
    rhfrhf wrote:
    We are two couples from Florida that will be on this tour. We are adding on a trip to Namibia at the end. We will fly to Windhoek when the Tauck tour ends. Spending time on getting our vaccinations in order, then will turn to packing issues.

I thought you were on the 20 Aug departure?
  • Options
    British, I noticed in an earlier post that you are going to be on this tour in September. Are you staying longer in Cape Town? Of the things to do by staying longer, what would you rate 1, 2nd, 3rd? In other words, what should we be sure to to miss? We are arriving in Livingstone, Zambia one day early. Any suggestions for what to do or see. We will be coming from Kenya so we won't have just made a long flight or experiencing jet lag.
  • Options
    No, we aren't staying in Cape Town longer unfortunately. As far as the top three, I mentioned above the places we have been, I am sure my top three would not be your top three, it depends what your interests are. If you wants go to Robben Island, you must book the trip weeks in advance I hear. And Table Mountain is very weather dependent.
    We arrive in Zambia two days earlier. We will do more research nearer the time of our departure but will not decide about doing anything until we see how we feel after our journey there. Our main purpose in arriving early on this tour is to be sure we have some leeway for unexpected delays and to rid ourselves of some of our Jet lag.You do the tour before us, so maybe you might post some suggestions. We are not interested in the Walking with the lions experience that Sealord mentioned recently-- I was nervous about that when it was included in the itinerary, but having seen the controversy about it on the Tv and Internet, I see why it was taken off the tour. It also appears we have to be careful with the giraffes roaming the grounds too.