I've been doing some what-if's, looking at Africa tours and flight arrangements and have questions for/am seeking comments from those who have done this trip (British, etc.) (Yes, I know I could/should call Tauck with a few of the questions
* )
1. For 2017 Tauck has changed Tanzania; Serengeti to Zanzibar- shortened it from 12 to 10 days, replaced two nights at Tarangire with a drive-through of Lake Manyara on the way to Ngorongoro. I have been on K&T and thought Lake Manyara was not worth the time- mainly baboons and birds- and that Arusha Nat Park which we did on our own was better! I have read that Tarangire, though farther from Arusha and Ngorongoro, is much better. (Is there a question here somewhere? : ) .)
• What is your take on these changes?
• How would you rate the game drives in Tarangire?
2. Kirawira Camp in the Western Seregeti.
• What were the camp and game drives like here?
• Is it a good place to be during the migration?
3. The itinerary for "Tanzania: A Grand Family Safari" sounds interesting- stays are in different hotels/camps than TZ, S-Z and also flies into and out of Arusha.
• Can travelers w/o kids take Bridges tours? (assuming they would want to : )
*
4. Zanzibar, end of tour. Instead of going to Dar es Salaam airport with the group, we could fly home from Zanzibar on Ethiopian Airlines (flight departs @ 1545) or we could fly ET out of Dar es Salaam airport (flight leaves @ 1740). The online itinerary makes it sound like we would arrive in Dar es Salaam too late to catch our flight home if we took the Tauck flight, however.
• What time does the Tauck flight from Zanzibar arrive in Dar es Salaam?
• Are you dropped at the international airport or is a day room provided somewhere?
• Is there any reason to stay a few extra hours in Zanzibar (until the Tauck flight leaves for Dar es Salaam) or spend an extra night there (I know what British will say

)
• If you spend an extra night in Zanzibar, does Tauck still provide a transfer to Dar es Salaam? Is the time negotiable?
*