Options

Travel industry ramp up, watch your flights!

edited June 2021 in Travel Tips

So we are as excited as anybody to get going again and so booked a tour late March/April visiting several European locations. Bought Delta seats, etc. two weeks after all of this we get a letter from delta that our connections no longer work due to schedule updates. Well that’s just great, had our seats selected, the whole deal. We managed to fix it all, PITA, but I thought I’d post as this is likely to be the new norm for awhile as airlines scramble to get things working again. Don’t assume your flight in the spring is happening when you think it’s happening. I’m already assuming our new flights will be changed as well.

Just sayin, don’t be surprised, pay attention.

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2021

Everything about an airline reservation booked long in advance has a high probability of change. We recently took a domestic flight that had been booked for some time. A change to that reservation took place, that being a plane change. As such the configuration of the seats changed. My wife and I had seats 1A, 1C, which in the original plane configuration were side-by-side seats (2 x 2 configuration). In the new plane the configuration was 1 x 2 and seats 1A and 1C were now across the aisle from each other. I didn't even notice this until it was pointed out once we had boarded. We got on the plane and took the two seats in row one that were next to each other. When the other person in row one boarded they pointed out that they had my seat. They were correct. Luckily that person was willing to sit in the 1 seat in the 1 x 2 configuration.

So the point is, as S35flyer pointed out, pay attention. I thought I was, but not in enough detail. Our seat numbers didn't change so I thought I wasn't impacted by the change. Upon boarding I found out I was. Lesson learned, you have to pay attention to everything with respect to your reservation or you can be surprised.