INTERESTED IN BUYING THEATRE TICKETS IN LONDON?

edited March 2022 in General

I’ve used this official website for London theatre tickets. This fantastic offer came today. My Fair Lady starring Vanessa Redgrave in May to June, Monday to Friday. tickets are as low as 20 pounds, The website is also a good way of finding what will be on in London during you visit. If you go, please post a review!

Comments

• Is this the site, British? Went back to your prior post to find it. Would love to see My Fair Lady in London. I assume Dame Vanessa is Henry Higgins mother. I think we’ll get tickets for our ESW post-day in July. Of course, the seats I want are £149-£179!

https://www.westendtheatre.com/category/shows/show-offers/

• The offer appears to be in May to June. I thought it was a limited time, so great to know it will be on longer in case we get to London this year. I’ve actually been in that show and love it. Tickets are still cheaper than Broadway.

• If you like theatre, check out the off-price booth in Leicester Square. They don't have tickets to all shows, but usually have a good selection on the day of the performance.

• And, at the booth in Leicester Square, you may find a bargain on something you haven't heard of...but may find an emergent gem. That was the case for us some years ago with "Come from Away" well before it became widely known.

• "Come from Away" is one of my all-time favorites! I saw it on Broadway.

• At one time there was a discount ticket kiosk at Piccadilly Circus, too. Your TD should know.

• I love seeing shows in the West End! So jealous of all you going to London this year!

We saw My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center a few years ago - Diana Riggs played Mrs. Higgins - I believe it was her last show before her death.

Leicester Sq. is our go-to for half price same day tickets, but sometimes you can just try the box office directly if it's a show you really want to see. We did that with Book of Mormon when tix on Broadway were impossible to get. For me, it was a disappointment, but I needed to see what all the fuss was about. Enjoy!

• You can also walk into the box offices in London which I have done and gotten 20 pound tickets even for that night’s performance. The concierges at the hotels have gotten tickets for me too. I usually want to see a specific show or two and also don’t want to wait in line in Leicester Sq. when time is precious for other site seeing. Because theatre is one of our main hobbies, we tend to have seen quite a few of the shows already. Some certainly warrant seeing again. Come From Away is one of our all time favorites too, seen it three times live and also when it was on TV last year, a real tear jerker. Recommended it if you go to London. We have tickets for Plaza Suite in NY In a couple of weeks, Sarah Jessica P and Matthew Broderick, cost us a fortune and apparently the reviews are not complimentary….oh well, first time back to NY since Covid, so looking forward to it.

• Continuing my reputation for OT (off-topic): The last time I was in London (for 2019 FT Weekend Festival; amazing event btw), I happened to be staying near Southwark Playhouse. Great intimate space, but alas no Redgraves on stage.

• Plaza Suite got a pretty good review in the Washington Post. I hope you enjoy it. I hope it’s still on when we get back to Broadway in September.

• British - I'm seeing Plaza Suite in April too ! - had tickets exactly 2 years ago, but...uh, yeah, Covid. The hot ticket now is Music Man with Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster - I'm still clutching my 2020 tickets which have been pushed out to this June. Apparently their chemistry is fantastic! Enjoy!

• I also recommend "Come from Away", if you have not seen it. We saw it in London at the end of our ESL tour. My boss was on one of the planes that got diverted to Newfoundland. The play captures what she told us about the experience. The ensemble cast is really good.