Options

River Cruise Cabin Prices

I noticed today that prices for the various cabins on a particular tour date for river cruises are no longer listed. I am assuming that one needs to now contact Tauck to obtain the price or is it just a glitch on their website? I always found it helpful to have the prices listed when you clicked on a particular cabin.

Comments

• Options

Travel maven
    If you are looking at 2025 tours, I do not believe they have been post yet…at least that is what I have observed.

• Options

No, this is for the 2024 tours. I have already booked a tour and the prices were posted earlier this year when I was first looking at the cabins. I was just curious why the prices are no longer listed.

• Options

Hi Travel Maven. We are booked on the July 2024 Rhine Enchantment tour and the prices are listed.

• Options

We are booked on Rendezvous on the Seine in 2024; the “from $$” prices are listed but not the price broken down by cabin type. They used to be listed, Travel Maven is correct.

• Options

We are going on the Swiss Alps to Amsterdam cruise in April - our prices were there a few weeks ago and now they are not.

• Options

Mfrancis, you’re right. All of the cabins are showing sold out and no specific pricing.

• Options

I noticed this as well. My first thought was whether Tauck has decided to institute Fare Buckets like the airlines do wherein they have several prices for a given class of service (Cabin or Category) but allocate only a certain number to each at the lowest price, then a few more at a higher price and so on up the bucket ladder. Each price might have certain conditions attached. Or, maybe they are just dynamically pricing each category level depending on demand? Third possibility, and IMO the most likely, they don't want their competitors to easily see their pricing and remove it from screen scrapers.

• Options

The latter is probably the best guess

• Options

Just call Tauck and ask them why the prices are not being displayed.

• Options

I think it’s a website glitch. Call Tauck and tell them their cabin prices have disappeared. I’m sure they don’t want everyone to have to call to get the cabin prices.

• Options

One of the things I like about Tauck is that their prices are displayed, so you know really how much it is going to be, not like Viking who tease two for the price of one etc.
    I have maybe twice over the years, had a letter from Tauck offering me a special price for a particular cruise near to departure date.

• Options

I will send them an email and report back.

• Options

I agree with British about Viking. Holy cow, with all the add-on fees with Viking, a Viking cruise can cost more than Tauck. I know; been there and done that. I rather not be surprised and that’s why I prefer Tauck. Viking charges for excursions that are not their basic ones which are free. Just saying.

• Options

There are hugely important errors all over the website, you have to be vigilant. Wrong hotels, wrong names for places Tauck is going on the tour, wrong weather, just a few I’ve noticed and told them in the past.

• Options
    edited December 2023

You can use this e-mail address to report website issues: esupport@tauck.com