Options

Hotels in Oslo

We're looking for a hotel in Oslo (for 1 night) that is near the airport. We have to be at the airport around 8:00am the day of departure. The hotels in/near city centre are about 45 minutes from the airport. We were told that both the Radisson Blu and Radisson RED at the airport don't offer shuttle services, and we would have to WALK to the airport from either hotel! This doesn't make sense, but I guess it's mostly business people staying there, and they don't have luggage from a 2-week trip! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Comments

• Options

Perhaps they don't offer shuttle service because they are considered to be on airport property? You could call the hotel and ask them some questions.

I found this picture on Trip Advisor of the Radisson Blu Airport Hotel. In the picture it looks like you simply walk across the bridge from the hotel to the airport. On the Trip Advisor website you can ask questions as well. You don't always get an answer, but sometimes you do.

• Options

This happened to us in Glasgow where we had trouble finding a hotel with shuttle service. Eventually went with a particular hotel after using Google earth to "walk" the route from hotel to airport entrance. Turned out to be very easy with wheeled luggage.

• Options

Even if they don't offer shuttle service, you could always take a cab.

• Options

Thanks to everyone who replied!

• Options

GailN, The Raddison Blu is a 5 minute walkway from the airport exit (covered if I recall correctly). We were there last year.
    Upon leaving in the AM, a porter can even load up a luggage cart and walk it to the airport for you. As a bonus, the train station is right there (entrance in Airport) that has an express right to/from downtown Oslo. NOTE: as with many northern European hotels, the Raddison Blu does not have AC and it can get hot in the summer. Enjoy your trip!