Options

"Been There" Virtual Travel Quiz? Round #33

See Round #20 for info about and rules for the contest.

Round #26 won by MCD
Submitted by BKMD. Photo of a suspended orange tree in Old Jaffa, an area at the south end of the Tel Aviv, Israel. Jaffa is thought to be the oldest port in the world, with its history going back 4000 years! This is a work of art by artist Ran Morin, who created the statue in 1993 can be found in the Lion alleyway.

Round #27 won by TravelGuy
Submitted by AlanS. The Sun Gate at Machu Picchu, Peru. 1.2 mi. and 1000' of climb on a rough, rocky, steep, trail from the entrance to the main archaeological site. Peru & the Galapagos Islands.

Round #28 won by AlanS and Portolan.
Submitted by JohnS. Sadhus in Kathmandu, Nepal in front of Pashupatinath Temple (cremation site). The Sadhu's are frequent users of cannabus- smoke it and drink a beverage infused with it. The pictures were taken on the Tauck Northern India and Nepal tour.

Round #29 won by JohnS
Submitted by KathyM. The (formerly McDonald-Randolf) Randolph Hotel in Oxfordshire, England. Episodes of the British TV show inspector Morse were filmed here in the "Morse" Bar and throughout Oxfordshire.

Round #30 won by Claudia Sails
Submitted by Sealord. Peacock Clock at the Hermitage Museum, St. Petersburg, Russia. Tauck’s small ship cruise to the Baltic and St. Petersburg.

Round #31 won by Smiling Sam (again!!)
Submitted by ClaudiaSails. Statues of Vikings(?) on the right bank of the Seine River at the Boieledieu bridge in Rouen.

Round #32 won by JohnS with assist from Sealord
Submitted by Smiling Sam. This is Mumbai India. These people in the white suites are lunch delivery people. They are called Dabbawala and part of a lunchbox delivery and return system that delivers hot lunches from homes and restaurants to people at work in India, especially in Mumbai.

Round #33 is officially open. Submit your photo in a reply [Leave a Comment] to this announcement.

Comments

• Options

Where is this? What are these Tauck travelers cooking?
    Hmmm, I wonder why Tauck is making them cook their own food.

• Options

Based on the hats and aprons it looks like it involves Cordon Bleu. Perhaps a cooking lesson. Likely in France.

• Options

Part right, now what are we cooking? And where in France?

• Options
    edited April 2020

Smiling Sam
    3:59PM

Based on the hats and aprons it looks like it involves Cordon Bleu. Perhaps a cooking lesson. Likely in France.

Aw come on, you didn't read the sign on the left wall?? :D It sure looks like the same chef (wearing glasses) at the end of the table in my photo from the LCB website and the guy on the far left (behind the guy in blue) in SueMS's photo. Same counters, wall tile, clock and white board as well. (they are NOT wearing Gandhi hats :D )

Almost identical view of Le Coudon Bleu in Paris,(but could be LCB schools in London, Miami, Malaysia, etc.)

Oh, the caption of my photo says, "Pastry chef instructor Éric Verger conducting the pastry workshop." So, could you be making pastry of some sort?

And finally, the Savoring France: Paris, Lyon & Provence cruise "Tauck Extras" include "Pastry class for Tauck guests at Le Cordon Bleu Paris." Game, set, match.

• Options

Yes, we are at Le Cordon Bleu cooking school learning to make Macaroons. The pastry chef does look to be the same guy.
    It was at the beginning of the Savoring France Rhone River cruise, which started in Paris. Then we boarded the TGV train to Lyon for embarkation.
    Oh. and we got to keep the aprons and hats.

• Options

AlanS - I didn’t read it on the wall, although that would have been easier. I read it on your Eric Verger’s chef hat.

• Options
    edited April 2020

Smiling Sam
    4:59PM

AlanS - I didn’t read it on the wall, although that would have been easier. I read it on your Eric Verger’s chef hat.

I couldn't make the one on the hat clear enough to read, but noticed the one on the wall.

• Options

Sue, did the trip also have a lesson at Anne Sophie Pic's cooking school? We had a wine/cheese tasting lesson (9 in the morning) followed by watching the chef make some egg dish with tomato foam??? Macaroons sound so much better.

• Options

Claudia, there were free macaroons in between the foamy tomato egg dish and the wine cheese room at the Anne Sophie Pic school. 😊

• Options

Claudia- Yes we did do the Anne Sophie as well. I loved that trip...

• Options

Yum. We also liked the stop at the Valrona chocolate store with the unlimited sampling. Probably did as much as anything to convince my husband to take more tours.

• Options

Rows and rows of free chocolate bits. Heaven.

• Options

Sue, so have you called this Round?

• Options
    edited April 2020

Yes please close this round and open up a new one.