Options

COVID restrictions returning?

2»

Comments

• Options

Kathy0529 -- Is this additional insurance purchased through Tauck or directly from AON? If the latter, do you give them your Tauck reservation number? (My trip to the Balkans is 2 months away, and I'm getting less confident about it daily.)

• Options

MCD - I called AON directly to ask and was given the site: www.aontravelproplus.com to purchase it. I wanted to see if the price on the site was the same he quoted me, I always like to double check things, but it did ask for a reservation id and both my Tauck Number and Reservation Number did not take so I'm not sure what to use. I would either have to call Tauck or AON back to find that out before purchasing it.

• Options

Good specific info ! Thanks Kathy0529.Our trip is in October and final payment coming up due soon.Leaning toward going unless the COVID-19 situation becomes much worse.

• Options

Thanks, Kathy - we're grateful for this. We expect to pave the way for you over there :-)

• Options

Yw! I’ll be arriving on your first day. Hopefully people from the early August tours will share how their trips were.

• Options

Its good that Tauck is posting what requirements we need to meet to go to locations. It would be nice if they'd also give more about coming home beyond "you have to be tested negative and they'll help arrange for it".

Trying to think thru possibilities. I know if my husband or I test positive at least one of us can't get on the flight home and will have to quarantine. One assumes in the hotel we're currently in. A $1000 per person covers maybe 4 days in a Tauck hotel. How many days? More testing and when? Room service only or if one of us has covid but the other doesn't can they go out to forage? I read thru CDC and other sources without much clarity on what happens if.

• Options

I have the same questions like Claudia Sells and more.Will the TD be available to help?May be people on the tours going from now on will be generous to share theism experience.I agree totally that Tauck could explain a bit more in detail what happens with positive COVID-19 test before the flight back to U S.

• Options

I don’t think for one minute that you will be in a Tauck hotel. The government of the countries may not allow it, they may be full and have guests to stay in your room ….I mean, would you be happy if you got to your last hotel and they said, sorry, your room is not available, there is someone with a positive Covid test staying in there for the next 14 days.
    I don’t know if you are positive and your husband is negative, could you be split up? You may not be able to leave the room, either of you? Will others on the tour who were with you have to quarantine or get another test? I think you have to look at the countryside you are in, not the US guidelines.
    There will certainly be no Tauck TD to help you once the tour is over…they will be off with the next group.
    You may not even know if you are the only one who is positive in the group, either because you don’t see them again, or they do not want to tell you….the scenarios are endless.