What I hoped would be a first review of our SA Elegant Adventure has turned out to be a massive conundrum. We left yesterday on Delta from Seattle to Amsterdam to connect on KLM to Cape Town. A couple of hours into the flight I used the lavatory and noticed there is no water. A couple of hours later the Captain made an announcement that we needed to divert for an emergency landing in Detroit due to a water pressure issue. Long story short…after about 3 hours in Detroit to fix the issue we were off to Amsterdam. Unfortunately our flight to Cape Town would leave 2 hours before we were landing in Amsterdam. 
On to the KLM customer service desk at Amsterdam. There are no flights they can get on on today. The earliest and basically only flight is leaving tomorrow. The only problem is that the are no flights to Cape Town. We are now going to Johannesburg and then connecting to Cape Town on British Airways, The other problem is that there is almost a 10 hour layover in Johannesburg so that will get us into Cape Town on Saturday morning, 2 days into the tour. We booked an extra pre night in Cape Town to get over jet lag.
Here we sit in our hotel room (paid for by Delta/KLM). They had a pretty good dinner buffet with wine (paid for by (Delta/KLM) waiting for the shuttle tomorrow to try this again.
I would like to give kudos to the agent at Tauck we spoke with who was very helpful and understanding.
I also received an apology email from Delta saying they will deposit 15000 miles into my Sky Miles account. This doesn’t really cut it with me.
Hopefully my wife and I can give a proper albeit abbreviated review of this tour in the near future.