Options

In Freedom’s Footsteps: Philadelphia to Washington DC

September 26, 2022 Departure. Husband & I are going in early to Philadelphia and staying extra days in Washington. Does anyone have restaurant recommendations in these cities for when we are on our own?

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2022

We live near Philly, what type of food do you like?
    Let me know and will give you a few ideas. I guess you are staying at Sofitel, goodness knows why Tauck uses them. We love the Rittenhouse hotel and stay there overnight one or two times a year as we love the restaurant, Lacroix in there. It has finally opened up again recently. High end food fantastic service.

• Options

Redcargirl, one of my favorite Philadelphia restaurants is a French bistro called Parc. Lots of wonderful outdoor seating on Rittenhouse Square.

• Options

Yes. Several restaurants around Rittenhouse Sq and right near my favorites hotel, the Rittenhouse! My favorites shoe store is in that area too, Benjamin Lovell and no tax on clothing in PA.

• Options

Zahav is a great Israeli restaurant and nearly impossible to get into. Worth a try though. We lucked out and nailed a cancellation the day we called. Vernick is very good. He also has a fish restaurant in the Four Seasons that we thought needed work but the original place is great. Vetri Cuccina is excellent, very popular. Friday, Saturday, Sunday is a pricy tasting menu (they are open Wednesday through Sunday despite the name). We have not dined there under it’s new ownership but good friends swear it’s better than ever.

• Options

Agree about Zahav. If it's booked up, British will invite you over for dinner.

• Options

Agree with all of the above Philly restaurants- Buddahan for Chinese- Vetri for Italian (pricey tasting menu, but the best Italian).

• Options

Pretty sure Budakhan is not open any more.
    Would invite you to dinner but hopefully we will be in Singapore with Tauck