Options

Beware of Paris hotel rates in 2024

edited October 2023 in Travel Tips

FYI for those of you booking for 2024. We’re on the Rendezvous on the Seine early next June, well before the Olympics. Cancelled 3 times due to Covid, finally happening. Going 3 days ahead, one night is GOT. Just got the hotel confirmation from Tauck…unbelievable, the nightly rate is over $1,100! The GOT night is over $1,400! It’s the Lutetia in the 6th, fabulous hotel but nothing is worth that price. Their other hotel is nearly $900, sold out.

We’ve booked another hotel close by for the first 2 nights at half the cost, will move to the Tauck hotel for the last night before we board the ship. Already have our airline tickets and our traveling companions have never been to Paris so didn’t want to cut the trip short.

I realize everything has gone up but that price is ridiculous. That’s more than double what we paid at the Intercontinental Grand this past April. I have a feeling Tauck is having difficulty getting hotel contracts for next summer in Paris. The Lutetia is not one of the hotels listed for this trip.

Just wanted to alert those who are planning Paris next summer, check before you book your flights.

Comments

• Options

People traveling with Tauck seem to like fancy expensive hotels. $1400 is not expensive for a fancy hotel these days.

• Options

I just checked for our visit in September. The price at the Intercontinental is roughly half of that at the Lutetia … which is the only five star hotel on the left bank. Do the Intercontinental and then cab across the river.

• Options

Then again you could stay at Le Meurice on Rue de Rivoli across from the Tuileries. Our Normandy, Brittany . . . . tour stayed there this past June. We used the GOT at the front end in Versailles and weren't planning to stay in Paris afterwards, however, just out of curiosity I checked the (website) rates- right around $2200 per night for the basic "Classic" room!!! :o:o:o