Has anyone seen any numbers published by Tauck that indicate how many people travel with them each year?
I tried to take a guess. All numbers below are purely arbitrary, my guess.
During the peak touring season, which I say is 215 days, I estimate Tauck has 100 tours operating daily. I arbitrarily say that the average tour has 30 people (probably low when you factor in all of the ship tours). So during peak season that is 215 x 100 x 30 = 645,000
During the off-peak touring season, which I say is 150 days, I estimate Tauck has 50 tours operating daily. Again using the 30 people per tour produces an off-peak season number of 150 x 50 x 30 = 225,000
This says that I estimate 645,000 + 225,000 = 870,000 people days of travel with Tauck during any given year.
That estimate is likely low, but it's a guess.
If you haven't already moved on (
) I might as well ask another question.
What percentage of Tauck travelers are women vs men? I will guess 60%, but that might be high.
Ok, yes, I was an Engineer. 😂 So occasionally questions like these creep into my mind.
If anyone has seen published numbers I'd love to hear about it.