Options

"Been There" Virtual Travel Quiz? Round #24

edited April 2020 in General

See Round #20 for info about and rules for the contest.

Round #19 was won by Kathy M and MCD
Submitted by BKMD. The courtyard of the Belmond Monasterio Hotel in Cusco, Peru. It was built by the Spanish in the late 1500s and is leased from the Vatican. For an extra fee you will be supplied with supplemental oxygen to help you handle the 11,000' + altitude. Several Tauck tours stay here while in Cusco.

Round #20 was won by Smiling Sam.
Posted by JohnS. This picture was taken atop the Astronomical Clock Tower. The Prague Astronomical Clock, or Prague Orloj, is a medieval astronomical clock located in Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic. The clock was first installed in 1410, making it the third-oldest astronomical clock in the world and the oldest clock still operating. The photo was taken on the Tauck's Imperial Europe tour which I believe now is called Warsaw, Budapest, Vienna & Prague.

Round #21 was won by BKMD (aqueduct) and JohnS (Mérida)
Posted by Smiling Sam. Ruins of the Roman aqueduct, Acueducto de los Milagros (English: Miraculous Aqueduct) bridge, part of the aqueduct built to supply water to the Roman colony of Emerita Augusta, today Mérida, Spain.

Round #22 was won by Smiling Sam
Posted by Kathy M. Beer stein lockers at the Hofbrauhaus, in Munich, Germany

Round #23 won by SueMS- she nailed it!!!
Submitted by AlanS. A photograph of a poster of the Book of Kells at the Trinity College library in Dublin, Ireland taken during the "Best of Ireland, Small Groups.** Read about the book of Kells at this link.

p.s. I had heard of this famous book before the tour, but never got around to do any research, so I wondered, "What the heck was a "Kell" and why was there an entire book about them." B)

Round #24 is officially open. Submit your photo in a reply [Leave a Comment] to this announcement.

Comments

• Options

I'll take a turn here...
    Where am I ( Country, Region)?
    What on earth are these dogs doing?

• Options

A wild guess - You are in France, not sure of the region, and the dogs are sniffing for truffles.

• Options

Shoot, I guess my first one was to easy... The region is Provence. This was on the Savoring France River cruise along the Rhone.
    This is what the doggies found.

• Options

SueMS - Keep playing. It’s fun to have more participants.

• Options

And I was going to say the dingoes ate my baby.

• Options

BKMD
    7:25PM

And I was going to say the dingoes ate my baby.

:o:o:o