Options

Tauck web site down at :4:30 PM, 17 Nov 2020

Pretty much says it all. Banner loads , but no links (like login) work.

Comments

• Options

Cant see a problem

• Options

Interesting. I've tried 3 different browsers with the same results. Only the home page banner and no links or login works. No observed idiosyncracies on other web sites.

• Options
    edited November 2020

The main Tauck site was down for a little while last weekend as well. I'm using Firefox but see the same on MS Edge- the site seems to be mostly non- functional right now. Maybe a rebuild from a old back-up is underway- there are a lot of blank spaces - no images, most links are broken, etc, etc. I sent emails to some of the IT folks.

Also, I deleted Tauck cookies and now can’t log in (to the main site or forums) from my Laptop!

UPDATE: The main site is back up. (mostly :/ ) You may need to do a re-load of one or more pages or log out/log in. It is also running a bit slow.

It appears some formatting changes were made- either that or I have not been paying attention on the rare occasion I go there, e.g. I see this and a few other things just below the banner photo:

To-Do List !
    You have items on your To-Do List

So I know if was me or not, will someone please confirm changes have been made to the main page?

• Options
    edited November 2020

Ooops! I spoke too soon. It looks like it is a work in progress. The main page has changed again. Ahh, it appears the changes to homepage I observed occurred after I logged in. Some things still are a bit funky, however.

• Options

No issues for me on the Tauck Home Page - 11/18 6:50AM Arizona time.

Hope things are now working for all of you.

• Options

Seems OK now. I'm guessing the varied experiences yesterday were due to happenstance on when you (and I) tried.

• Options

It is working today and a lot faster than yesterday. So far I haven't seen any issues. Now all we need is for the rest of the world to be that way!

• Options

You can change your arrival and departure times yourself.

• Options

When I tried to post my arrival time, for flights I booked, for a tour for next year, the website didn't work. It wouldn't accept the proper times. This was about a month ago. Since the tour is so far off I wasn't concerned. I figured I'd call Tauck and update it closer to the tour's departure date.

• Options
    edited November 2020

Have you confirmed the flights have in fact not changed to the times shown in your profile? Before I cancelled them, my Delta flight to Amman, Jordan changed by an entire day! There was no longer a flight on the day of my intended travel. The carrier, a subsidiary of KLM switched to a new, limited, 3-flights-a-week, schedule.

• Options

Yes, you flights could have changed completely. That often is the downside of booking flights a long time in advance, but especially during this time when your flights and of course vacation could be canceled.I’m not banking on any tours going in the first half the year.