Options

Gift of Time program

Does anyone know if there has been a recent change to Taucks Gift of Time program? I am looking at the Tauck Website as well as an email I got from Tauck and each indicates that Gift of Time must be booked by December 31, 2020 for use on a 2021 tour. Unless I am wrong, I seem to recall that the only stipulation was that you had to be a prior Tauck guest and there were no booking time constraints.

https://www.tauck.com/guest-travel/gift-of-time

We have an incentive to book something since we have money in a Tauck Dreamsaver account that must be booked by March 2021 and used by December 31, 2021. We also have a substantial amount in United Airlines Eticktes that must be used by April 2022. 2020 was going to be a big travel year for us but that didn’t pan out. :( I guess we now have some incentive to book something within the next couple of weeks.
We have narrowed it down to 14 Tauck trips that are on our bucket list. Narrowing that down to one is harder than you think. :) We are open for any ideas. We are looking at the Oct/Nov/Dec time frame. We could do Spring or early Summer but I don’t think travel will be really viable until at least mid summer.

Comments

• Options

I began traveling with Tauck in 2011, and since then, there has always been a time restriction (e.g., "book by...") on using the Gift of Time.

• Options

The Dreamsaver money now does not have to be used until December 2022, we got an email about that some time ago. The Gift of time has always had a restriction, to book by the end of September or sometimes December. It is subject to a availability. I suggest you call Tauck for the latest information.

• Options

John—I’m hoping that my November 2021 trip to Morocco happens. I just bought my outgoing flight with United points. My fingers are crossed. It looks like a great trip and October/November is a good time to go. A few years back, I went to Viet Nam, Laos and Cambodia in December —weather was great!! And the trip was fascinating. Interesting sites, amazing people and fascinating culture. I highly recommend!!

I’m now getting optimistic - thinking of planning another trip for 2022. I am contemplating K&T for a second time; northern India/Nepal (but I was already in Delhi, Agra and Mumbai with Tauck a few years ago and am not sure I am ready to repeat that segment)....I think I will be able to better focus on planning a 2022 adventure once I am vaccinated!

Nancy

• Options

I don’t think you would regret doing K&T a second time. We are going a third time (British doesn’t think so) in late June. I need to get her address so I can send her a post card and a big five neckless from Amboseli. (;-)

• Options

Magic of Morocco in Nov or Dec is on our short list as well as K & T Classic in Dec.
    British.. Just last Friday we received an email from Tauck saying our Dreamsaver funds will expire in March 2021.
    We will call Tauck to verify but either way we will be booking something within the next week for late 2021 and hope for the best.

• Options

Every time I've seen GoT offers in writing its always had a deadline of the end of year for travel in the next.

As to where to go, Oct/Nov/Dec sound like a good plan as it improves your odds it will occur. I'd look at the places where the weather would be most pleasant and crowds thinnest. Might also be a good time for a Christmas cruise. Just remember how short day!ight hours will be in the northern hemisphere.

• Options

John, I better call Tauck and find out which is the truth! Maybe my date is different since I already have two trips booked for 2021, booked a long time ago...Tauck will cancel those Sealord. ,,,and one for 2022
    Shame The President refused to secure any more Pfizer vaccines last summer....there are only enough doses to vaccinate ten million people two shots as of now. No more available until June. I am hoping none of us will be dead by then. Things are very bad where we live.

• Options

Always a pleasure to read your posts British. (;-)