Here’s an interesting story

Maybe it’s good to give Chicago airport a miss

Aditya Singh: Man found 'living in airport for three months' over Covid fears https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55702003

Comments

• Sounds a bit like the Tom Hanks movie The Terminal (that was based in JFK, not Chicago). Passport issues prevented him from leaving the airport so he took up residence.

• There was a movie with a similar theme called The Terminal, startting Tom hanks.

• No doubt he was just trying to connect through Chicago (not my favorite airport)!

• Sam - I guess you type faster than me. When I posted, your response wasn't there :)

• There was an article in this morning's paper. Apparently, he was afraid to fly. He had a badge from a worker (that was reported stolen) and had other travelers buy him food. The judge in Chicago had a him locked up and is understandably concerned that someone could live in an airport for three months. Not good for security!

• Most are not afraid to fly, but many aircrew ‘live’ in the airport for periods of time. We normally only spent less than a day there preparing for mostly ‘all-nighter’ flights. But, we had ‘sleep rooms’ where you could find twenty or thirty crew-members sacked out in lounge chairs or on the floor. Most Admirals Clubs are not open twenty-four hours, but they have food, and showers, and lounge chairs. I don’t find this surprising. It would be pretty easy to live in an airport. Some airports have little sleep rooms ... but you have to pay for them. There were many crew-members who had RV’s in the employee parking lots. Many crew don’t live where they are based. You get to know many hotels.