Options

Vaccine, Part II

The vaccine thread was getting too long, and I wanted to post a reminder to bring your International Certificate of Vaccination with you when you get it. I have my appointment tomorrow, and the prep sheets didn't cover that.

Comments

• Options

I don't have one. Where would I obtain it?

• Options

You get the yellow card when you get the Yellow fever vaccine., as far as I know, it might be a good idea to record your Covid vaccine on it if you have one, but it will not be a requirement for proof of Covid vaccine Claudia, so don’t worry.

• Options
    edited January 2021

Claudia Sails
    8:50PM
    I don't have one. Where would I obtain it?

You should have received a yellow international shot card when you were in the Navy. I actually have two, they ran out of space on the first one I received in the 1960's before my first Midshipman cruise. This is a newer version, but they all look similar. There are separate pages for specific inoculations like Yellow Fever and other pages for random stuff.

• Options

EXPECT TO PACK PROOF OF YOUR COVID-19 VACCINATION

When you pack for your next airline flight, you might need to include one more item: proof of your COVID-19 vaccination. Here’s what to expect from the travel industry as COVID-19 vaccines become more available around the world.
    Ticket scanner
    For years, health officials in many countries have verified international passengers’ required vaccinations through the World Health Organization’s International Certificate of Vaccination, known informally as the yellow card. A yellow card is a paper document, signed and stamped by an authorized health care provider. Among the vaccinations it certifies are yellow fever.

In the age of COVID, however, health passports are expected to go digital. In the U.S., the federal government plans to give out personal record cards as proof of a COVID vaccination. As an airline passenger, though, you may need to show proof of your COVID-19 vaccination through CommonPass , a health passport app travelers are already using to prove negative COVID-19 test results.

Many major airlines — including United, Jet Blue, and Lufhansa — plan to use CommonPass to verify not only passengers’ virus test results but also COVID vaccination status. Here’s how it works:

Once passengers are notified of negative COVID-19 results (and soon, vaccinations), they receive a personalized code that allows them to board a flight. Travelers can also use the app to receive updates on a destination’s COVID-19 protocols.

Businesses hope that CommonPass can be used to reopen the economy by allowing those showing proof of vaccination to enter large venues, such as sporting events and concerts. And as more people become familiar with CommonPass, the app’s developers say it could be used by employers, schools, retailers and others to allow a return to more normal operations.

Developers of CommonPass assure users that their privacy is maintained. The app doesn’t track their whereabouts — it simply lets them prove their COVID-19 status, allowing them to enter various places and verify that they’re not spreading the virus. App users maintain control over their health data on their phone, which protects their confidentiality. But since CommonPass was developed by an international non-profit (not a government entity or the CDC), changes in its use are likely.

As people start traveling more this year, be sure you’re in the know. Verify your airline’s COVID-19 requirements by contacting its customer service center before finalizing your travel plans. If a digital health app like CommonPass is required, don’t wait until the last minute to set it up.

References:
    World Health Organization,International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis.
    CommonPass.org. Read more here.

• Options

The above is copied from the extra insurance we have.

• Options

I bought my second International Certificat on Amazon. The one I bought was on heavier, more durable paper and came in a durable plastic badge holder; also got my first vaccination today, and had it recorded on the yellow card.

• Options

Alan, I think you're right about having one but darned if I know where it is. The Navy kind of stopped using it quite awhile back and now it's all computerized.

I've been fully expecting that part of travel near term would involve showing proof of vaccine and negative tests. Either written or smart phone app. Just hope they get it standardized so all countries agree what constitutes proof. Rejoining WHO I hope helps.

• Options

My wife had her first vaccine this morning at the pharmacy in our retirement community (I'm not old enough yet to get one in our county). They filled in the data on her yellow International Certificate of Vaccination, plus gave her a white CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record card with the date and lot # of the vaccine. We'll take both whenever we travel.

• Options

Covid: Israel vaccine fears 'out of context and inaccurate' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55734257

• Options

Early post card for British: UCSF sent us an email today giving us a ninety minute notice to be at a rather remote place in southern San Francisco. We now have both received Moderna number one ... number two will be on February 20th. We did ask if they would take in ‘walk ins’? They said they do not encourage it but they would not turn away anyone over 75. For those who really want it, find out where they are giving it and show up. You might get lucky.

• Options

Sealord, have you noticed that the majority of K and T tours for 2021 now say Available? Looks as of people are canceling big time. Maybe if the tour goes,Tauck may want to consolidate and call you to offer you a different date instead of entirely canceling. That’s what they did to us when our Singapore tour date did not have enough people going....this was before the pandemic. It cost them $1000 out of pocket for us to change our flights that had not been booked with them...and then the tour got cancelled because of the Pandemic.
    It does look as if California has got its act together compared to other states when it comes to vaccination despite Trump. But you are also in the older age bracket, you must be near 80 right? Here in PA, my daughter in law’s grandfather is 99 and still hasn’t gotten the vaccine. He lives at home with nine of his elderly unvaccinated children, all taking it in turns daily to support him. Go figure.

• Options

Actually, our tour that now shows available was sold out a couple days ago. So a couple couples must have canceled. Our first K&T we only had three safari vehicles, which I found better than the last when we had five.
    Actually, I just turned 75, so I just made the window for getting the vaccine now.