Options

10 February Update

Does anyone know what changed in the 10 Feb Update?

Also, we just received an email titled "Your Upcoming Tour – the Countdown Begins!I" from Tauck. It was reminder of our trip to Greece (Treasures of the Aegean) several months from now. It had several links to nice/need-to-know information (Destination Requirements/travel requirements, Packing Tips, Reading List, FAQs).

I can't say how long this has been the case because we have been focused on our more immediate J&E, but when I went to look for the Destination Requirements for Greece, I noticed it is not listed nor is Treasures of the Med Isles. Could it be there are no requirements?

Ooops! I just found the answer to my question in the paragraphs below the COVID-19 Travel Requirements header:

"Up-to-date destination entry requirements will be posted 60 days prior to the first seasonal departure for each tour or cruise series. For journeys not yet posted below, please visit our Travel Updates page. As entry requirements change frequently, please check this page often. "

Comments

• Options

Alan:

As you mentioned in one of your previous postings, Tauck needs to redline or do something else to note the change done in the Update.

• Options

I agree they need to make it clearer what is new. One change is more tours listed under the View Travel Requirements section. I only noticed it because a few days before I'd looked for my Douro cruise requirements which weren't listed by now are. When you click on that section at the top it says "Up-to-date destination entry requirements will be posted 60 days prior to the first seasonal departure for each tour or cruise series. For journeys not yet posted below, please visit our Travel Updates page. As entry requirement change frequently, please check this page often."

• Options

I find the Tauck website is not up to date and inaccurate. We are scheduled for the Hidden Galapagos and Peru tour leaving late March 2022. This tour starts in Lima.

For our trip, Tauck website:

• > All travelers must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, such as the CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card, with the last dose administered at least 14 days in advance of arrival to Peru, or if 11 years or younger, present a negative test result from a RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours of their departure to Peru.
    • All travelers must present a negative test result from an RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours of their departure flight to Peru. >

(I read this as fully vaccinated plus a RT-PCR test within 72 hours)

On the website The Peru and Galapagos trip does not require a RT-PCR trip if vaccinated for arrival in Peru.

Peru and the airlines does not require any test for fully vaccinated persons to enter. The Ecuador and cruise portion of the trip is the second week of the trip the requirements on arrival in Peru would not apply.

I called Tauck to clarify. The rep did not know. It appeared she was merely reading the website. She finally saw the issue. I asked that she find out and email me. I do not want to fret about getting a timely RT-PCR result if I don't have to.

I had also sent a message. Still waiting for an answer. I know it is complicated, but the website editor needs to provide correct and consistent information to Tauck's clients, especially after 2 years being in pandemic mode.

• Options

Unfortunately, for us the customers, Tauck more or less says we are responsible for ensuring we have the correct and most up to date information. But I agree with you.