Options

Difference in Refund

What is the difference in the refund you will receive if you cancel a trip or wait for Tauck to cancel? Is the insurance not refunded in either case? I know that this has been discussed but don't remember the answer. Thanks for your help!!

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2022

Insurance is not returned but it MAY be put to another trip. This is because insured is not with the Tauck company

• Options

I cancelled 2 trips. One right before covid and one after. Both deposits refunded and insurance for both trips went into a Dream Saver account

• Options

Cannot find Dream Saver on Tauck's Travel Protection link, but I recall that we were told we had to apply it to another tour within a year

• Options

Patrice,

You will not find a link. The "Dream Saver" is an account held for you by Tauck for future travel.

• Options
    edited May 2022

Usually you have to apply it to a trip within a year from the date issued. With Covid they have extended the expiration date. I don’t know how long they will continue to do this.

• Options

How much is in my Dream Saver Account?

• Options

Daniel_Holland,

It depends on how many tours have been canceled, whether you requested a refund or applied the funds to future travel and whether or not you paid for the Guest Protection insurance plan.

• Options

Dreamsaver funds are not expenditures subject to refund. They are insurance premiums paid for trips which YOU have cancelled and which would normally be forfeited. They are completely different and separate from moneys kept in your account when Tauck cancels a tour, and you haven’t rebooked or requested a refund. The Dreamsaver is a Tauck account, offered from the goodness of their heart- over and above what you might expect from other tour companies.

• Options

We have another tour booked in October, but have cancelled many other tours or Tauck cancelled them. I can sign in on Tauck's website and click on the payment section and see my Dream Saver total.

• Options

The insurance isn't necessarily forfeited if you cancel. A friend years ago had to cancel a tour two weeks before the start for medical reasons. Tauck refunded the tour price and airfare but not the insurance. She was told she had a year to reapply it to another tour.

• Options

Yup, that is the dream saver. It may not have been called that.