Scandinvia

2»

Comments

• It reminds me of Khajaraho in India. Every now and again Shutterfly sends us reminders of our trips and those naughty photos come up.
    Gladys, now you have been on your tour, what are your general comments. You seem to think there was too much free time. We don’t care for too much either. This was one of our tours that was cancelled in 2020 and we haven’t been able to reschedule it yet.

• Waiting for the flags.

• Funny guys, I was sure I was going to be flagged, some of the statues were quite risqué :o:o

• Maybe the flagger ran out of jerk pills.

• As a doctor you should know that jerk pills are easily obtainable at any pharmacy.

• Yes, they're OTC.

• As Elton John said “the jerk is back” (or something like that).

• Well I'm back home, there was only an hour delay in Amsterdam and luckily I was able to meet my connecting flight. All in all it was a good tour. A lot of people got sick with stomach problems and I believe it may have been a stomach flu and not the food as it happened at different times. The food was not all that great but okay, the confit of salmon the most people ordered for the farewell dinner went uneaten by most as it was a mush, we ate at the Grand Hotel Oslo which only had air condition in certain rooms but I asked for a fan and it was fine. Like I said before too much free time and quite a few dinners on our own. I think that an extra day in Stockholm, Denmark and most of all Oslo would have help, we arrived in Oslo at almost 5 PM the day before the last day which did not give us much time except for a walk to the wharf and a quick stop at a bakery for something to eat. The next day as I mentioned before it rained a lot during the visit to the park and with the reception at 5:30 it did not leave a lot of time to explore the many museums. The views of the fjords were worth the trip.
    In 9 days I leave for Singapore.

• I value your assessment of the tour Gladys! We had this tour booked for 2020 and of course it was canceled. We never rebooked it and now we may not bother. Maybe another tour company or some independent travel to the key places.

• British - The fjords are beautiful and well worth seeing, maybe future tours will have more activity. Don't give up on going.