Options

airline recommendations

I just realized that our Delta flights from DC to Naples, via Paris, are on Air France.(thought we'd be on Delta). We are flying Premium Economy, supposedly on the newer A350-900-I know the aircraft can change between now and trip day. I've read mixed reviews on their seats. I have tickets through Tauck so of course I can make a change anytime-other option is Lufthansa. Any experience on seat comfort in PE on Air France vs. Lufthansa?

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2022

Air France is my preferred airline for transatlantic flights, although I can only comment on business/first class service which is impeccable in my opinion. I am dismayed, however, that the A380 was recently phased out of service due to high maintenance expenses (supposedly). I have always preferred Airbus' planes over Boeing's. It is a personal choice for me. No matter your choice, have a great trip.

• Options

Like fknknfzk, my experience on Air France is in business class. However, I much prefer AF business class to Lufthansa business class. And because Lufthansa has cancelled 2 flights on me (one on the day I was to travel), I would fly them only as a last resort.

• Options

CaroP we've flown AF in both economy and business. The regular economy (in 2014) was fine other than breaking a wheel off my new suitcase and the food was good. Last year we had a mix of business on Delta (domestic), KLM and AF (both long haul and shorter European flights). The seats and service were fine in all three but the food and lounges were better in KLM. The food on AF leaving Paris was fine but for some weird reason they served plain yogurt just prior to landing at Lax in the afternoon. Hopefully this year is better as we are returning from Spain on AF.

The points guy did a review of the plane back in 2019 with good photos. Based on that I'd fly AF Premium.
    https://thepointsguy.com/news/air-france-a350-first-look/

• Options
    edited September 2022

well imo all yogurt should be plain; hate the wall of sugary desserts parading as yogurt...caramel, fudge, apple pie. I think of yogurt as a healthier sour cream, mayo substitute, etc., one spoonful at a time. But maybe you were commenting on AF serving yogurt as a meal?

• Options

Yes, plain yogurt with some fruit and granola/muesli for breakfast NOT just plain yogurt for mid afternoon snack?

• Options

It’s like football … on any given Sunday your team can shine or be a bust. I’ve worked either directly or on a contract basis for ten airlines. Most airlines are good in business, and first, but some are significantly better in coach. Stay with ‘major’ airlines, and stay away from Ethiopian. It is easy to get ‘over creative’ with air travel. KISS!

• Options

I should stop recommending Qatar air, or I’ll never be able to get seats with them in the future. When we returned home, we ate in our Qatar provided pajamas, excellent Lobster thermidor for dinner and later afternoon tea consisting of just made fresh tasting finger sandwiches, petite warm freshly made tasting scones with jam and clotted cream. two little cakes and washed down with pink champagne. Swiss chocolates given out just before landing. Maybe we should book tickets on a round trip Qatar flight just to have dinner.