Options

Visas needed for Persian gulf trip January 2024

Wondering what visas we'll need and how to get them. Our trip begins in Oman in January 2024. Any other information about the trip would be welcomed - dress, special needs. etc.
thanks.

Comments

• Options

It looks like US citizens do not require anything in advance. Here's what Tauck has on the website:
    +++++++++
    f you are a U.S. citizen traveling internationally, you will need a passport valid for six months beyond the completion of your Tauck journey for entry into the United Arab Emirates, Oman and Qatar. Visas are not required for Qatar or United Arab Emirates.

Omani tourist visas are not required for stays up to 14 days. If your visit to Oman exceeds 14 days, a visa can be obtained upon arrival by air or maritime in Oman. It is not recommended for U.S. citizens to obtain their visas in advance.

Additionally, your passport must contain at least 2 consecutive blank pages for Qatar, 1 blank page for United Arab Emirates and 1 blank page for Oman.

• Options

British recently took this tour. I'm sure she will chime in when she gets the opportunity

• Options

I believe British was on the first Portrait of Arabia tour that Tauck offered. For that matter, she may have been on the first tour that Tauck ever offered of any kind (just teasing British - you know you're my favorite Tauck swimsuit model :D ).

• Options

I took this tour earlier this year; no visas are required. There are several places where you need to take your shoes off so make sure you have socks unless you don't mind walking barefoot. Women also will need head coverings in some of the mosques, but I believe those are provided if you need it. I was on the same tour as British; it was the second running of the tour, but the first in the Eastbound direction.

It is a nice tour, and I think you will enjoy it. The only thing I didn't like about it was the (in my opinion) excessive time spent in souks, which are open air markets. I can't vouch for the quality of the items sold, but the vendors can be fairly aggressive and there was a strong smell of cigarette smoke in the air at some of them.

• Options

We needed visas for Oman but Tauck took care of that when we got there. We ended in Oman