Options

TAUCK & TURKEY

I hope Tauck re-considers re-stablishing back the Turkey Tours
Many others are traveling there... I'm crossing my fingers!

Comments

• Options

• Options

Mil - I assume you mean travel to Istanbul, because there are tours that visit a couple of locations on the west coast of Turkey.

• Options

Yes Istanbul, Antalya, Izmir, Burza

• Options
    edited January 30

Bajillion things to see and things to do in Türkiye (new/current name of the country) starting with Istanbul and elsewhere, such as balloon flight over fairy pinnacles and tour subterranean city of Cappadocia, Göbekli Tepe, Pergamon, Hierapolis, return visit to Ephesus, day sail from Bodrum on a Turkish Gulet traditional wooden sailboat, etc., etc., etc.

• Options

I don’t think advertising for a competitor meets the terms and conditions of using this forum.

• Options
    milmil
    edited January 31

Sealord, I see your point... but Rick Steves it's not a Tauck competitor. RS has its own clientele and no dough they are good, but I just like the hotels and service Tauck offers... if I was going to go with RS, I could actually go by myself. - I know how to plan the logistics and have a great network full of information... but as hard as I work, I want to be pampered.
    And Tauck it's great spoiling us...

• Options

Dang, I thought this was going to be a talk about Thanksgiving

• Options

Can anyone comment on closures over Easter in Athens? I have booked the Windstar Legend cruise with Tauck from Istanbul to Athens in April 2025. We arrive in Athens on the Friday before Easter.

• Options

wildcat03 ejejejeje!!! funny.

• Options

Something else to add to the pile of things I don’t understand.

• Options

“I don’t think advertising for a competitor meets the terms and conditions of using this forum.”
    Where is that? I’ve read and don’t see it.

• Options

Don’t. post: “Any advertising or chain letters”

That was copied directly from the Tauck guidelines. If you are praising a Tauck competitor you are advertising. I often praise Windstar and Ponant but they are Tauck ‘partners’. If you are pushing someone else’s travel product you are advertising on the home team’s website. That is not friendly.

• Options

I think it refers to the mention of Rick Steves tours in some of the prior posts.

• Options

Being 99 years in the business... I don't think Tauck has anything to worry about.

• Options

Next year Tauck will be 100 and I’ll be curious to know if there will be anything special or newer trips to add to their exquisite list.

• Options
    milmil
    edited January 31

OurTravels34, Hi.
    I heard the celebration will be in Florence, Italy.