"Been There" Virtual Travel Quiz? Round #93

edited April 2020 in General

See Round #20 for info about and rules for the contest.

Round #86 won by Portolan
Submitted by AlanS. Peruvian Paso horses during a performance at Hacienda Mamacona in Lurin, Peru. Known for their extremely smooth ride which is a result of a unique four step gait. They inherited this gait from European predecessors, strict breeding and training, though some claim it resulted from walking on the hot sands of coastal Peru. During the performance the horses wore ribbons to signify their prior show successes.

Round #87 won by BobHamburger with assist from TravelGuy.
Submitted by Sandman. A ski jumper airborne over the Bergisel with the town of Innsbruck, Austria, site of the ’64 and ’76 Olympics, in the background. Photo taken on Alpine Adventure, a Tauck Bridges Tour.

Round #88 won by AlanS with assist from Portolan
Submitted by connorlaker. Photo of Connor, his bride, and Mount Kilimanjaro, taken from Observation Hill in Amboseli National Park, Kenya on Kenya & Tanzania: A Classic Safari.

Round #89 won by AlanS
Submitted by KathyM. This picture of the Rainbow Bridge National Monument in southern Utah, Glen Canyon National Recreation Area was taken on the plan ride from the Lake Powell area during the Canyonlands trip. Rainbow Bridge is only accessible by boat on Lake Powell or by land over a 14+ mile trail from the Navajo Nation.

Round #90 won by Kathy M
Submitted by JohnS. A view of Cortina d’Ampezzo in the Dolomite Mountains of northern Italy. Photo taken from the Cristallo hotel on Ultimate Alps & Dolomites tour.

Round #91 won by BKMD
Submitted by British. A view of the Panama City, Panama, waterfront, taken looking south, from the Hilton Panama during The Panama Canal & Costa Rica small ship cruise. The Interamerican (Panamerican) Highway (Rte 1) just below, follows the coastline here. Panama Bay, the approach to the canal and Bridge of Americas are (not visible) off in the distance in the center of the second photo near the distant islands. Google Maps, satellite view has been updated to show the new Cocoli locks. Check it out
Factoid- when you transit the Panama Canal from Pacific to Atlantic, you travel in a northwest direction. Likewise when transiting the Canal from the Atlantic to Pacific you travel in a southeast direction.

Round #92 won by Portolan
Submitted by BKMD. Views of the Mediterranean from the David Intercontinental Hotel in Tel Aviv, Israel (next to the Dan Panorama Hotel) and sweet treats at the Carmel Market.

Round #93 is officially open. Submit your photo in a reply [Leave a Comment] to this announcement.

Comments

• Where was this photo taken?

Hint: I didn't get there via the Amboselli Uber.

• Here's how I did get there, as viewed from the cross.

• Instead of choosing to see the cross, this was a different option.

• Dubrovnik?

• edited April 2020

You are correct. In the free time, lots of the people chose to do the Wall walk. My wife and I chose to take the cable car to the vantage point above the city. Here are a few shots.

There were unbelievable views from where the cable car takes you. In addition, there was a small restaurant at the top. You can see what my wife and I consumed before returning to Dubrovnik.

This was part of the 2016 small ship cruise, Venice and the Dalmatian Coast.

• Cross on Mt. Srd in Dubrovnik?

• JohnS - You are correct, but you were edged out by TravelGuy.

• I will have to try that. Red wine and an ice cream sundae. (;-)

• I have to confess. My wife had the wine and I had most of the sundae.

• Our tour that was just cancelled was the Croatia, Venice land tour 😟

• British, what was the start date of your tour? Trying to get a feel for whether our Classic Italy Small Group tour will go or not on October 4th. Have to believe it is very unlikely.

• Our start date was June 4th I have a tour in early October too, I’m sure it won’t go. What countries are going to allow Americans to enter, we have one third of the world’s infection but just 4 percent of the population apparently. How is a tour group going to maintain social distancing. With so many New Yorkers on Tauck tours, I can see some people being nervous about that too. The problems just go on and on until a vaccine is found.

• Smiling Sam April 28 I have to confess. My wife had the wine and I had most of the sundae.

In training for those Beaver tails, I see...

• BKMD - Like I've said "Body by Tauck". A Beaver tail does sound good.