Airport pick up on first day of tour

Just received my travel documents from Tauck for our Michigan trip. For the first time and I have done many Tauck trips the docs say that you MUST call the HOTEL when you receive your luggage and then someone will pick you up . Is this just a Michigan thing or is this the new way Tauck does it ? We have always had someone waiting for us at the airport to transfer us .

Comments

• I've never had that occur, but most of my trips have been international, if that matters. Presumably the hotel is pretty close to the airport.

• In addition to BKMD's comments one additional factor is that you're in the US so everyone's cell phones will work without requiring any special international plan.

All of my Tauck tours have been international, where you are greeted at the airport.

• Years ago on our stateside tours we were sometimes picked up by hotel shuttles. They are usually expecting calls from Tauck guests.

• thanks everyone. that must be it as I have only travelled internationally with Tauck.

• Been n a number of US tours and never heard of this. Maybe there s a shortage of drivers in the area. Maybe you are the only ones on the tour!

• edited July 2022

If you started at Mackinac Island, (you don't) it would be more understandable.

However, Cherry Capital Airport is only 13 min./ 6.7 mi. from the hotel. It may take that long for your bags to reach the carousel- they enlist the passengers and handle the baggage like a bucket brigade. :D:D Actually, it is a small airport with only one concourse and six gates.

• The arrival airport transfer for this tour is handled by the hotel. When we took this tour three years ago the hotel van was waiting outside the airport when we arrived so we didn't have to call.

• We took this trip last summer. We got to the airport and called the hotel. I don't remember if there was a phone for the hotel or if we used our cell phones. The little mini-bus was already there waiting for some people, so we just walked out and got on.