national parks

2»

Comments

• I have alwaus wanted to go to Alaska, just thought I had plenty of time to fit it in......"

• We've thought about Alaska. Cruises don't appeal. Mr Sails wants to take an RV up there and camp but it takes weeks just to get there and I've heard bad things about part of the highway. But maybe someday we'll work it out.

• Claudia - Can you (ignoring the cost) fly to Anchorage and then rent an RV? Could be a lot of gravel roads if you get very far away from the cities.

• Would could rent an RV but not sure I could twist my husband's arm enough to convince him. I've looked at RV rental there and the per night cost for mid Jun to mid Aug varies from $200-250 per night plus fuel and campsite costs. Also you have to either pay for a package of linens, dishes, etc or bring your own. Actually would be alot easier to fly in, rent a car/suv and make lodging reservations. Probably cheaper.

Right now, other trips are higher on my list.

• Claudia

We spent a couple of days in Anchorage, rented a car to see the Kenai peninsula, Seward and Homer. Then we returned to Anchorage and took the train to Denali, spent a couple of days there and went to Talkeetna to take a plane ride over the National Park. A thoroughly enjoyable trip and renting a car gives you flexibility. Hotels were great, and the scenery is outstanding . This was about 10 years ago, so I can't really talk about the prices now, but we found that things were very reasonable.

• Great pictures everyone !!!!!!!!!!

• Thanx pf506590, sounds like a reasonable way to do it. No sea sickness, no tiny planes.😁

• edited July 2020