Traveling with medication

Hello -

Does anyone have any experience with traveling with medication from the US to Europe? I be traveling with an injectable medication that I use 6 vials of each week. I'll be in Europe for 2 weeks, and will use a special cooler that is made to keep my medication at the correct temperature during travel to Europe.

I'll be on the Ms Savor on the Westbound Bridges Blue Danube tour beginning June 29. Are there small refrigerators in each room on the Ms Savor? I'm having my travel agent request the hotels where we will spend a few days pre & post trip (in Budapest & Munich) will also provide a small refrigerator in our room. I'll also have a letter and additional information regarding my medication. I've successfully traveled with this medication in the US with no problems whatsoever.

Thank you for any input you might have! This board and its members are so helpful & I've learned so much from reading the many posts!

Comments

• For sure the Savor will have a refrigerator. They are typically stocked with soft drinks.

As for getting through security or customs with your meds, I'm not sure. Outside of TSA or the foreign equivalent at check in, I have never had officials look in my bags or question me about my meds.

• If it is Europe, you will have no problem. I would also tell Tauck because they like to know these kind of details and will also ensure you have a fridge.

• I've been on the Savor they have refrigerators in every room.

• Suggest you carry a copy of your prescription with you.

• Yes, definitely a copy of prescription if not in the original container with it. Also these days, if you can bring enough to cover a quarantine period.

• I now travel with two weeks worth of extra medicines. I’m a bit naughty about not carrying in original containers but take photos of all the containers and sometimes I have taken photos of what the pills look like too.

• Last year I finally did the mini- Ziploc method. I never have before but was on meds then that were tricky to keep track of dosage so it was easier to do all the figuring ahead of time. I liked that I could just put out the right bag the night before. As the trip went on there was less and less in my bag. I did print out my prescriptions from mychart.