Options

Anker portable chargers

2»

Comments

• Options

I find that I need to carry my portable charger every day for my cell phone. I take a lot of photos on the phone, and I do have the Verizon international service for phone and data (at $10 per day), so I can use google maps and access the internet wherever I am. What I probably need to do is upgrade my phone, but I haven't gotten around to doing that yet.

• Options

MCD - I guess that means your cell phone doesn’t have enough charge to last one day, when it starts the day fully charged. Is that correct? If so, then I concur, you need a new phone.

• Options

We have the iphone 12 ProMax (very new and current) and still need a PowerBank by late afternoon -- we take tons of photos and use our phone for the Rick Steves Walking tours of the towns, cathedrals, etc --

• Options

Or do an "energy audit" on your phone. Get rid of unused apps. There should be utilities on your phone to analyze these things.
    Turn off unnecessary radios; for example, if you're out and about, turn off wifi and bluetooth.

In case you are unaware of the feature, you can use google maps offline by downloading, in advance, the maps of where you'll be. I never sign up for Verizon's international plan. I use wifi calling and data when I'm back in the hotel room. That is sufficient for my need for connectivity.

• Options
    edited August 2022

Terrilynn - How long does it take to charge your phone in the late afternoon when it is time for a charge? If you charged it normally during lunch would that get you through the rest of the day?

I was referring to Tauck tours when I said I hadn’t encountered a need. I’m not sure about the Rick Steves tour you refer to. Perhaps you are away from where you can do normal charging on Rick Steves tours for a longer period than you are on Tauck tours.

• Options
    edited August 2022

SmilingSam— I’m referring to Tauck tours - but on our pre and post days and on our free time - we have the Rick Steves app on our phone and use it for self guided walking tours of where we are - they are full of incredible info and free. But- in answering question- this is why we recharge our phone

As far as how long it takes to charge- we use a cable to connect phone to PowerBank so we can still use our phone for photos etc while it’s charging- it doesn’t take long- less than an hour if you have a good PowerBank

• Options

We are talking specifically about The Camp KALAHARI part of the tour here. I know CathyandSteve take lots of photos compared to me. If they didn’t need a charger for the camp, I guarantee no one else will
    Any other day or tour, you might need to recharge but you will have electricity.

• Options
    edited August 2022

I don't take photos with a phone and the primary and back batteries for my Canon DSLR will normally last a few days . . . . UNLESS I take a lot of videos which I did when we visited the Meekats at Camp Kalahari! Unfortunately, I somehow left my charger in my suitcase so had to be very careful not to drain both batteries during our time in Botswana. I took less photos than I normally would have, but think I got everything I wanted. Since we were re-united with our bags at the airport in Maun, I started charging the batteries there, before our flight to Cape Town.