To help pass the time during the pandemic and election season where the political ads make watching TV impossible I've come up with a travel related activity that is fun for me. Perhaps it would be fun for only me, but I thought that I'd throw it out there.
I've created iMovies on my Mac for 16 past tours/vacations.
An iMovie consists of an amalgamation of old photos and video streams captured during my tours/vacations that are inserted into the iMovie stream and then augmented with titles, labels, credits, audio, and Ken Burns effects to name a few. The resultant iMovie stream I export to a .mp4 format so that they can be played by any app capable of playing a .mp4 file.
The resultant iMovie (.mp4) durations range from 30 minutes to 90 minutes in length. The length is a function of how much content I chose to insert into the iMovie stream. The more photos and video snippets that I inserted, the longer the resultant iMovie. The size of these .mp4 files ranges from 1.5GB to 15GB.
This activity has been a fun pastime for me that has allowed me to relive tours/vacations past, until some time in the future that I can start making new travel memories.
I look at them as my personal, rough, amateur version of the flashy webinars that Tauck has made available to us.
Anyway, I thought I'd mention a possible travel related activity for us bored, home-bound (or nearly so) travel fanatics.