Hello, All _
I'm wondering about your experience for anyone who has recently traveled to or from Europe and has checked baggage. We are flying Minneapolis - Amsterdam- Budapest on June 26/27. We return on July 9 flying out of Munich-Amsterdam-Minneapolis. We generally do very. minimal carry ons and check a bag or two. My family is going on the Bridges Blue Danube Family Adventure tour.
I've been reading about how luggage has truly become an issue in different airports in Europe. Not just Amsterdam, but Dublin and Stockholm. Strikes at Charles de Gaulle. In fact my brother was traveling back from Amsterdam to Boston a about 10 days ago He was in that mega long line for security that was in all the news. In addition his 1 checked bag (which had his company's display case in it) seems irretrievably lost. He lives in Maine but even went back down to Logan himself trying to track it down. Supposedly it was delivered to him, but it never arrived and there's a confusing time line that makes no sense. He is an experienced traveler and this is the first time he's truly "lost" a bag.
My family is wondering if we should just bring carry ons instead of checking bags. I personally have a lot of health issues and medications so lots of time my meds comprise most of my carry on. Anyway I thought some "on the ground" opinions might be helpful. Overall we will be in Europe for 2 weeks. Thank you!