Delta changed policy, did us right.

We had first class flights from us to Italy for April. Originally delta would only give us till end of year to use. Today, they extended the use of the ecert to two years! Thanks Delta!

Comments

• Fortunately, and unfortunately that is great news. We've got two Delta flights coming up later this year/early next year.

I wonder if they will rollover Medallion Status (MQD & MQM) like they do Skymiles?

• Alan, note from delta today said yes they are rolling over medallion status.

• edited April 2020

S35flyer
    3:01PM

Alan, note from delta today said yes they are rolling over medallion status.

Yippee, thanks!!

• Same for United Airlines....

• Our Switzerland trip for this year was canceled by Tauck and we've rebooked the same for 2021. I knew this would be the easy part, but getting a refund from Delta I've been concerned about. I had booked direct with the airline never dreaming covid was coming and have worried they'd try to force us into a voucher situation. I wanted a full refund so that we could book the 2021 airfare with Tauck this time.

Last I looked at my flights with Delta they had moved up our department from our home airport from noon to 6:30 am resulting in an 8 hour layover in Atlanta. Checked again today and it was moved to mid afternoon resulting in an 8 minute layover. Called Delta, waiting about 45 minutes for a call back and had no trouble what so ever getting a full refund initiated. They said it could take up to 30 days for it to show on the credit card but that's ok. Also learned from Tauck that they would have refunded up to $250 each for cancellation fees if the airline had charged them. Phew!

• edited July 2020

I cancelled self-booked Delta flights for J&E after Delta finally acknowledged one leg no longer existed and they had no alternate. I filed the refund request on 9 July. I hoped it might almost be instantaneous since I used a Delta/AMEX card, but not so. We will see how long it takes.

It should be interesting to see if they deduct the card spend miles. I'll be using the refund to pay for Greece '21 flights.

• Imagine if you went to purchase an airline ticket at the counter at an airport, for a flight today, and said to the ticket agent, "I'm going to post-date this check 30 days. Please hold it until the date on the check before you deposit it."

• We are still waited for our refund for our Qatar airlines, we were told two Bill cycles so it’s not quite that yet. We booked with Amex travel, paid for one ticket with Amex points and the other with Amex platinum card because you get five times points for travel related things. My hubby called Amex just to check if the money was back yet, it wasn’t, but to his surprise they informed him that we will get everything back in cash and not points, which means we will owe Amex about 300,000 Points, there is no penalty And although we pretty much pay for everything with Amex, because we won’t be booking any more vacations or flights in the near future, it’s going to take a while!

• Bkmd, good point. It's why I want to be able to book the 2021 flights with Tauck so essentially I can wait to pay. I wonder when they'll have the contracts for 2021. They won't put my Gift of Time on the trip yet until they have the hotel contracts in place.

• edited July 2020

AlanS
    July 20 edited July 20

I cancelled self-booked Delta flights for J&E after Delta finally acknowledged one leg no longer existed and they had no alternate. I filed the refund request on 9 July. I hoped it might almost be instantaneous since I used a Delta/AMEX card, but not so. We will see how long it takes.

It should be interesting to see if they deduct the card spend miles. I'll be using the refund to pay for Greece '21 flights.

Update: I was routinely checking the status ("pending") of my refund request on Delta's website using ticket # and a TRR #. On 21 July, just two days after my previous post, I was unable to check- the website didn't recognize my #'s and kept giving me "invalid entry." Yikes! I called Delta on 22 July. The agent said everything was fine, but could not tell my why I couldn't access the status on their website. Not satisfied, I made a second call, but this time I used the Medallion Status phone number. After getting the same story and no explanation, I asked to speak to a supervisor. He said he worked in the Refunds Dept at one time, so would try to process the refund himself. Even he had problems, but eventually, with help from others after about 45 min. said my refund went through and it should appear in 7 - 12 days. The refund showed up in my AMEX account a little bit ago- 16 days and nervousness after filing. No "spend miles" have been deducted (yet?).

I also did a search for flights on the same dates on the Delta website. This time it looked like a few flights were available. Then I noticed the shortest flight going over was 39 hours long with a 24 hour layover in Amsterdam :o:D

• Round the world in 39 hours??? ✈✈✈✈✈✈✈