Options

CDC RULES FOR FLYING

Dear traveler,
Are you considering an international trip? If so, read on. The CDC has issued a COVID-19 order that may impact your plans for re-entering the United States.
Effective January 26, 2021 travelers arriving in the U.S. must:
1) Get tested for COVID-19 no more than 3 days before departing to the United States and show a negative test result to the airline before boarding OR 2) show documentation of recent recovery from COVID-19 to the airline before boarding.
This new order applies to all air passengers — including U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents — aged 2 years and older. It also applies regardless of the length of time spent outside of the United States.
Acceptable documentation of recovery from COVID-19 includes both a positive viral test result within 3 months of travel (or the time period specified in current CDC guidance) AND a letter from a healthcare provider or public health official stating that the passenger is cleared to end isolation.
Passengers who have tested positive for COVID-19 will need to delay their travel until they meet the criteria to end isolation; learn more here.
Need more information? Visit this FAQ page at CDC.gov.

Comments

• Options

Hmmm. I'll be watching. Three days before, you are still on tour. Surly Tauck will provide and schedule this in?

• Options

I have asked and posted this a while ago,.... I knew this was coming

COVID tests during our travels and tour itineraries

October 2020 in General Discussion
    Hello everyone...
    As we all wait an eternity for the opening of international flights and someone out there wants us back..., I have read several articles regarding requirements when traveling... We all know about the 96 hour COVID test from point of departure ( easy we'll be home) but I wonder ... as our tour ends, some transit counties do request the test again , specially those flying out of Egypt in my case. Although, I know it is not TAUCK's responsibility. ...
    But ,I would like to ask if TAUCK has a plan of action. those anyone know... would they have any contact with labs that can provide the service with the certainty that results will be ready within the time frame impose by the airlines.. and would this stop interrupt the tour itinerary.
    Please advise.
    Thanks

• Options
    milmil
    edited January 2021

The only possible solution I see... is to have a mobile test unit that would go to every hotel with a certified gov. agent and a Dr. they would do the test and give results within hours.... if the gov. is smart they should invest on this units to keep the incoming tourism.

• Options

😂😂😂

• Options

I’ve posted this before, but according to ‘The Points Guy’, hotels and resorts are starting to provide testing. Clever people will do what is necessary. Before Gruesome Newsom shut them down again, restaurants that did not have outdoor dining, created outdoor dining by building dining areas in parking spaces. They even got a name, they were called “Parklets”. Some were built at considerable expense, and they are now all idle.

• Options
    edited January 2021

Americans are not supposed to be traveling anywhere out of state, never mind other countries, otherwise this will never be over.

• Options

Sealord
    they were called “Parklets”.

That's not a new term. My daughter lives in SF and pointed out some parklets to me several years ago.

• Options

Gruesome Newsom collapsed under the weight of impending lawsuits and the fact that there is no evidence that outdoor dining spreads covid. Outdoor dining, nail salons, and hair salons are now open here as of today. Hawaii is also open for business if you obtain the required testing.

• Options

Sealord, keep praying that the rest of the country is doing as well as you are, because until it does, you will never get to Africa this summer. The rest of the world must be laughing at us, the richest country in the world can’t get it’s act together. If I lived anywhere else, I wouldn’t want an American to set foot in my county right now.
    Cathy, love your post....disturbing though it is.

• Options

Solving the logistics and the ‘priorities’ is clearly a learning process. California is 47 out of 50 when looking at the ‘percentage’ of doses administered. But, California has administered over two million doses of vaccine which is far more than any other state. Part of the problem is that many did not believe we would have a vaccine ... or two at this time. So the planning may have been a little delayed. I expect that the learning curve will steepen soon.

• Options
    edited January 2021

This whole rollout was not a surprise- based on all the predictions from big pharma, FDA, CDC, etc. months ago. Every gov't official from "Individual #1" down to the lowliest town councilman, health departments, etc. knew the vaccine was going to happen sooner or later and it would require a massive effort to get it distributed. A "plan" and procedures could have and should been developed months ago, and fine tuned as needed. It seems to me almost no one showed the needed vision, expertise, or motivation to make it happen! This isn't rocket science- it goes back to a comment suggesting if Amazon were put in charge, everyone would have been inoculated by Saturday, Thursday if they were Prime! :D