Options

E.U. to reopen borders

From today's Washington Post

E.U. to reopen borders to those with accepted vaccines
All of the vaccines available in the United States meet the E.U. criteria, but those manufactured in China and Russia do not. The bloc continues to try to hammer out details of a “covid passport” to smooth travel between nations. . . . . . One final round of approvals will be necessary in the coming days, but the sign-off is not in doubt after the plan was agreed by ambassadors on Wednesday.

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2021

Hmmmm Since Switzerland is the tour I'm most concerned with and the article doesn't expressly address it I did some surfing and found this piece.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com Switzerland Palms to lift quarantine for vaccinated/recovered arrivals. Also has more details of restrictions.

Fingers crossed over the next week or so that some of the late summer European tours happen.

Ps - Alan sending you a private mssg re the knee.

• Options

Hoping for Rendezvous on the Seine on August 27

• Options

Even if the EU opens up to those who are vaccinated, I would not travel there anytime soon due to all the restrictions in place.

• Options

Exactly! The EU wants the tourist dollars and vaccinated tourists but ... Each country still has varying closures, social distancing measures, curfews and mask-wearing requirements. Time will tell..but it’s a step in the right direction.

• Options
    edited May 2021

Look on the bright side! Just think what it could be like- hardly anyone else at key places (especially since they aren't accepting the Sinopharm) - empty Colosseum, deserted Parthenon, no wait for the Eiffel Tower, etc., etc.

Claudia- sent reply to msgs.

• Options

I just want to give Europe a miss this year. Anyone who goes, please report back

• Options

Has anyone noticed that the Pricing and Availability for the European trips has disappeared from the Tauck website? I checked several tours in several countries and the only one I found pricing and dates for is the Aegean one that’s listed as active for this year. Even the 2022 dates are gone. I’m guessing that they’re updating the website to remove the cancelled trips for 2021 but it’s strange that it’s being done this way. Perhaps in the next day or so we’ll have accurate info on which trips will actually take place this year.

• Options

The E.U. move is a good first start, but until al the enjoyment-crushing restrictions are removed I'll save my money and stay home.

• Options

MFrancis,
    In addition to Europe, the trips to Asia and Africa no longer show itinerary, availability or pricing for 2021 or 2022.

• Options

The disappearance of tours may have been a temporary glitch. Jordan & Egypt, which we hope to be on in October 2022, still has variable availability as it has for months now.

• Options

I think right now Tauck must be having some IT issues with the web site. I just booked a couple of tours for 2022 and tried to view my account. I am unable to access it right now.

• Options
    edited May 2021

This must be an intermittent issue because my 2021 and 2022 tours are showing in their entirety.
    Oops...correction. Although I can see the Pricing and Availability screen, it is quite dim and indicates "loading." Clearly these screens are being updated.

• Options

I have been able to access my Morocco trip for both 2021 and 2022 in the past few weeks. But I have not been able to access the China trip for at least a month - I thought maybe Tauck decided to drop it in 2021 and 2022. I’m not signed up for China but it is possibly on my ‘next trip’ list - depending on a multitude of factors.