N95 Masks

2»

Comments

• FYI. I picked up the government free N95 yesterday at a Walmart visit. We got 3 per person.

• Cathy - Just strap it over your Antarctica head wear. :D My wife has the same problem with a lot of the masks.

• Hard to imagine the mention of Walmart on the Tauck forum :)

• Alan. I have the KN95 that you just ordered, the elastic around the ears is very tight, I have tried and stretched them but it did not help much.

• gladysorlando984
    12:26PM
    Alan. I have the KN95 that you just ordered, the elastic around the ears is very tight, I have tried and stretched them but it did not help much.

Well, that is not good news. According to tracking I should know for sure sometime today. All methods of attaching a mask seem to have one or more downsides.

I've been trying to come up with (off-the-wall?) alternatives to the strap (you must try to visualize each while reading :D ):

• Mask that sticks to your face/skin (already being marketed)- doesn't sound comfortable.
    • Straps attached to the back side of the mask and to insertable nose plugs or a loop that goes in one nostril and comes out the other.
    • As above, but the straps are attached to foam ear plugs
    • Straps with hooks you insert into ear piercings or clips that you attach to earings or just your ear lobes.
    • Mask frame that attaches to an oral appliance (think retainer) or a silicone mouth guard.
    • Mask that attaches via facial piercings.
    • Snorkel for mouth and nose whose inlet tube is surrounded by UV-C lights.
    • ?????

How about a mask with a drop flap, similar to Dr. Dentons- instead of removing the mask you drop the flap to eat or drink.

• I was very surprised to watch the 60 minutes item on stress of health care staff in a Covid patient area and many of them were not wearing N 95 or KN 95 masks.

• Yesterday we received the color KN95 masks shown in my post above. They are much more comfortable- less strap tension (but still a bit too much for me, but I'll live with it :D pun intended), lighter weight than the 3M 8210 N95 mask I got last week, and pack flat. So, at this point, I plan to go ahead with my mixed masks strategy- wear a 3M 8210 N95 starting at the airport parking shuttle, thru the airport, and onto the aircraft. But, once we get airborne and everyone is settled in and I'm in my little, almost-cubicle seat, I'll switch to the KN95. I'm still undecided about also taking some basic surgical masks.

British,

I would have also ordered the animal masks for my wife (and I still may) but I could only find them boxes of 50. I could give the extras or all of them to our grandkids if they were too small.

MarketArt,

I checked out the Shattkin masks- they look like most KN-95 masks. They are on sale now for $2.50 ea. so a bit more expensive but not bad.

Shatkin F.I.R.S.T. – MODEL PESF-H N95 Respirator

• Alan I'm glad you can "live with it" I still find them extremely tight, they pull my ears forward, I've been able to stretch them some.

• edited February 2022

hmmm, when I Google Slatkin, this blue box pops up with $1 each, through Feb. 31 lol, but note pre-certification.

• Check back on my post about the silicone straps, my husband had used them on Cloth masks and KN95s Thue masks short straps way mor3 comfortable.

• British I've tried the silicone straps they did not work for me, I had to put them higher in the back otherwise they pulled the mask down :D

• I just started using the silicone straps. Big benefit for me. Now my ears don’t pick up radio signals.

• Gladys, it’s my hubby thst used them, you must have a cute small nose!

BSP51 😂😂🧓