Options

Hits and misses

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2022

It is worth it if can elicit another one of your supercilious remarks. Get a life!

• Options
    edited May 2022

Yes, truly awful things are happening in Ukraine right now. Doesn't mean joy and humor are off limits for the rest of the world.

I don't believe Alan was making fun of the situation in Ukraine. To me his comment read as a recommendation to put concerns about traveling right now in perspective.

• Options
    milmil
    edited May 2022

Meow!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

Fyi, flagging a post as Spam can result in it disappearing from the thread if 5 people do it. You can alternatively hit the Report button. You do have to give a reason though.

Don't be like the cowardly masked flagger. Report instead.

• Options

Thomas, I worried last year on our 2 trips. The second one ended in Paris so I researched French rules if you test positive and made a plan, bookmarked some hotel alternatives, etc. Unfortunately for you, Hungary seems to be more stringent on the isolation requirements than France is so you might need a hotel with room service or one where you could get food deliveries. I'd certainly want one with decent wifi and english language TV channels. For a control freak like me, making a plan helped a lot.

• Options

What I don’t understand is that if you test positive, are you able to freely sort things out as a positive carrier of Covid, choose your hotel, be able to get yourself there and so on, it doesn’t make sense, why is it then necessary to isolate if you are mixing with others in the process to doing so? Especially as there are those out there who persistently say masks don’t protect you.
    The only experience we had was on my often mentioned Costa Rica trip. Once people tested positive, we never saw them again, they were Immediately confined to their hotel rooms, later being moved so they were all in rooms next to each other on the same floor. They could not leave their rooms. Two people, a spouse and a sister of two others were made to leave the country and leave their companions behind in isolation. Food delivery was hit and miss, sometimes very late appearing and sometimes forgotten altogether. I suppose it depends on the country you find yourself in if you test positive. Having experienced ‘hotel room arrest’ at the start of the Pandemic, not being able to leave, a small basic room, very poor choice of food, only one chair between the two of us to sit on or lie on the bed, that is why we have been cautious in our travel, it’s nothing to do with catching Covid, which hopefully now would be asymptomatic, it’s about quarantine conditions and lack of contact in a foreign country where being an American gives you no clout.

• Options

Thomas, If you test positive on a home test when traveling, go to a place to get it documented. You'll need the official report to begin the 10-day full countdown. As long as you know what to do, it won't be so shocking if you need to do something. We had a lot of people not getting Covid on our tour. 9 positive out of 24 and we were not masking. Get the Certificate of Recovery and you're good to go.Hopefully, they will drop the negative test required to get back in.

• Options

This discussion REALLY brings to mind the old TD expression- "Remember, it (a Tauck tour) is not a vacation, it is an adventure!! :D:D

• Options

Mallory, I sure hope it’s dropped, but I doubt it will be before I return. Maybe before my July trip.🙏And thanks for the good advice. Adventure here I come😻