Options

Shoes ?

edited December 2022 in America's Canyonlands

What shoes are needed for Canyonlands ? How much hiking and non hiking ? Are medium hiking shoes a fit for the terrain ?

Comments

• Options
    cvccvc
    edited December 2022

We did this trip in October and I just wore my regular athletic shoes. They have good tread, but nothing special. There were choices for hikes. We did an early morning hike at Grand Canyon to see the sunrise. At some points, you could choose an easier path and then it rejoined the regular one. There was an optional hike at Bryce - based on what our TD told us about the hike, we decided it would be a challenge for us so we didn't do that one. We went by bus for scenic views so still saw the hoodoos. At Zion, there were several choices in terms of length and difficulty. I wish we had been at Zion longer - there were more hikes we would have done. In the early part of the trip we were at Glen Canyon and Lake Powell - the focus was flight seeing and the float trip (our favorite part). In terms of hikes, remember you may be at a higher altitude than you are use to. I have mild asthma so sometimes took some short breaks but we were really glad we did the hikes and felt like we kept up with the group. It's a great trip.

• Options

I personally recommend good tennis shoes and of course shoes thst you can wash. You shoes will get dusty and dirty. I have a pair of Hokas low rise waterproof army green color tennis/hiking shoes and they are extremely comfy.

• Options

Thank you !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file