I don't want to belittle the seriousness of the COVID-19 world, but I thought that I'd communicate something that I'm seeing and see if others are experiencing similar things.
When the world is in a normal place my wife and I tend to travel somewhere every couple of months whether it is to visit family, take a short trip (from Tucson) to Las Vegas, or go on a more involved trip like a Tauck tour. Now that travel has been curtailed and local stores have been closed I'm seeing a trend that I don't like so much (
). Instead of preparing for our next outing, I find my wife spending those hours replacing lamps, artwork, etc. around the house. I know she believes it is time to freshen the look of our house, but I could have easily lived with those lamps, pieces of art, etc. for many more years and used the money for travel (whenever it resumes).
My question is, are other households experiencing similar changes in behavior (spending habits)?
Again, this is meant for the purpose of levity, not to belittle the seriousness of the current events in the world.
PS - I know, Happy Wife, Happy Life!