Vaccine Production

2»

Comments

• edited January 2021

We go to a small convention center in the next town this afternoon to receive our first shots. The situation in PA is probably a holdover from a vendetta imposed by the last administration, just like denying TSA Pre-check or Global Entry to people from NY, etc.

• Smiling Sam
    BKMD - That site looks wonderful. However, I'm sure it's located in the Denver area. Not much value for the people in Grand Junction or Durango, especially in winter.

Sam - That is true, however, like AZ, most of the CO's population is concentrated in a few cities. If you add Grand Junction AND Durango together, that's about 80K people. The Denver MSA is about 3M, which doesn't include Boulder, Ft Collins or Colo Springs.

Interestingly, Summit County (where I ski) is currently ahead of the curve and has vaccinated all their Phase 1 residents. They've given their excess vaccine to surrounding counties. Strange, huh? And although that is a world-class vacation destination, there are permanent residents and it's smack in the middle of the Rockies at 9000 ft ASL and is as wintery as you can get, short of going to Alaska.

• Last week they turned the UNM basketball arena - The Pit - into a mass vaccination center. Gave out 1,700 in one day. I often feel NM is a bit of a third world country but have to say so far done a great job with the vaccine - about 80% administered. Easy online registration. Some of the Wal-Mart's have a sign up list too and if they have extra doses they call and give you a short window of time to come in and get it. A couple of friends have already done so. If we can just get nation wide distribution moving summer travel will start looking more likely.

• Sealord, you sound like Trump. So if it’s the same story in every country, we still come out tops, am I supposed to feel some kind of pride, how wonderful. So old people like yourself are dispensable, have no one who loves them, and their lives weren’t valuable.

• Sealord - if hospitals are overflowing, scores more people than in previous years are on ventilators and 400K more deaths in 2020, what, other than Covid 19, can this be attributed to? Coincidence?

• BSP51
    what, other than Covid 19, can this be attributed to? Coincidence?

Global warming. Oh wait, that's not real, either...

• It’s been extremely difficult to get Covid vaccine here in the Houston area. Our Health Provider has identified 160000 of their patients who are eligible but have only received 5200 doses. They got no allocations this week.
    We had resorted to almost being on the computer 24/7 on our county health department website and finally got appointments to get our first vaccine next week. Although we have to travel to another town within our county we are fortunate to have gotten the appointment . Texas usually is on top of everything so I don’t understand this at all.
    I’m sure there are plenty of folks out there in the same predicament.

• Oh,my. Let’s take a breath and go for a walk

• Yeah, global warming, that's why my surgeon can't sked my knee replacement. Cause the hospitals are full of global warming victims.

• 😅😅😅😅. My husband has a sore throat and a temperature...I’ll keep you posted

• Massachusetts says that phase 2 can register (75+ is in that group), but the website is set up properly for this.

I will try again tomorrow

• Good Luck PF606590...I'm keeping an eye to get my 80 yr old mother scheduled for her vaccine, also in Mass.

• Check the VA if you are a veteran. Some neighbors have gotten vaccinated there

• My husband had a sore throat, headache and temperature this morning. We went for Covid tests at a local Urgent Care, very impressive, no wait. He was first tested for strep throat, negative, then for Covid, he got a full exam, heart lungs, BP etc and history taken. His temperature was nearer to normal for him by then. The Dr did not think he had Covid, though how she would know for sure, I’m not certain. I just had a Covid test, they did not give me a physical. We have to wear masks inside the house and sleep in separate bedrooms... Mr B tried to get out of that one....can you believe, men! He took two Tylenol. He seems to be improved but the Tylenol may be masking symptoms for a while.
    By coincidence our son called us or say his in laws were getting vaccinations today. We saw them at the weekend, they were collecting something from our garage, they had not even tried to seek out vaccines yet, they are just 65 so they are entitled here in PA. We urged them to get on the county list So,somehow, one of their many relatives sent them a link and they filled it in, I think just yesterday and got appointments. When they got there they wanted to know how they had managed to get an appointment because it was just for health workers. Their relative works in a hospital. They got their vaccine shots. We have been trying again to get appointments or on any wait list apart from our county one and an appointment at what appears to be a independently pharmacy locally at the end of May and it’s where our daughter in law got her vaccine last week.
    So we are stuck at home until we at least see our results.
    Re Cathy’s comments, I have seen several death certificates over the years and she is correct. They often don’t show the final cause of death when a person has a chronic condition that may have contributed to the death.
    Cathy, I think it’s terrible that you are not classed as an essential worker, can you imagine what it would be like on this planet if no one specialized in dealing with the dead.

• According the the VA site, they only give the vaccine to those veterans who are enrolled in VA health care. Many veterans aren't enrolled so can't get vaccines through VA.

• Thank you kfn....he seems a little better. We have kept apart and worn masks all day. We are sleeping in separate rooms tonight....which does seem a bit like closing the door after the horse has bolted..... but maybe I could have given it to him if it’s an insider job, so not potentially increasing his viral load is important. I hope it was not from me visiting the dentist eight days ago. I had to see one a few months ago and had a suspicious growth removed from my gum with quite a big area of gum removed.I required a big skin graft recently, got the sutures removed last week. Otherwise we wear masks wherever we go and rarely touch them, in fact we have just this week been double masking.

• Massachusetts appointment website is up and running today. I got an appointment next thursday.

• Wife and I have received the initial vaccination (Moderna), second is due 18 February. So good so far.
    Switzerland is still requiring 14 day quarantine for travelers from the USA. Concerned about 13 August tour.

• There is an update on our county page today and the latest news is we should get our vaccine in six to ten weeks. Meanwhile we are in quarantine anyway, still awaiting testing results, but my husband does feel better and I feel fine. Several more people we know, who live west of here, again just 65 years of age, have gotten their vaccines. My daughter has several friends who have parents who have died of the virus or are seriously ill in the hospital with it. This is a continuously tragic situation.

• That’s great Cathy!