Options

Anyone back from this trip yet?

Hi,

Anyone back from this trip yet that would be willing to post some observations, reviews etc...?

I am so looking forward to this trip

Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    See my post!
  • Options
    Karen great info as I will be going in august.....thanks for all the details!!!! jo
    Are you saying Tauck was not resonsibile for getting you to the airport in j burg?
  • Options
    jo jo wrote:
    Karen great info as I will be going in august.....thanks for all the details!!!! jo
    Are you saying Tauck was not resonsibile for getting you to the airport in j burg?

I am saying that Tauck was responsible and that I felt uncomfortable with the timing of my scheduled trip back to the airport, arrangements made by Tauck. I made this apparent to the tour director. Several of us discussed it with her on the way to the hotel through 2 hours of traffic. While she was checking in and she was right there, I made my own arrangements with the concierge for the next afternoon, while the tour director called her people and canceled my ride back to the airport. She did not offer to ask the shuttle company to take us earlier or when another couple from our group was going. I thought this was not really acceptable. (To understand this, in part, you must realize that another tour company NOT TAUCK left us stranded in Egypt in Jan 2011 and we had to get ourselves to the airport during curfew and onto the last Delta flight out of Cairo. (At that time there was no credit cards, ATMs, internet, or transportation.) I am understandably gun shy about missing important flights home.)
This discussion has been closed.