Options

Paradors of Northern Spain

What is suggested dress code for restaurants we go to on this trip? Any dressy? Or is dressy casual OK?

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure how you differentiate "dressy" from "dressy casual." To qualify my response...For me, one means heels and dresses with all the accessories and the other means practical, interchangeable travelwear. We took this trip last October, and, for ladies, most of the restaurants (in paradors and hotels), the traditional black slacks/skirt and top with scarf or pashmina work quite well. You might want to dress up a bit for welcome dinner, farewell dinner (Four Seasons in Lisbon, lovely) and the Castle dinner (beautiful, elegant table setting). Again, by "dress up a bit" I don't mean ball gown and tiara, just your snappiest outfit! The Maria Cristina in San Sebastian is a wonderful hotel, but even there no one got overly dressed upl For the parador in Fuente de', we stayed in our travel clothes as it was quite casual.
    My husband did not bring a jacket (he bailed out on that one about eight trips ago...) and wore a nice dress shirt and slacks. Most of the gentlemen did this as well. Speaking of clothes...you might want to bring your "stretchy pants" for the final dinner!!! There is so much wonerful food and wine everywhere on this journey, that might be all you are able to fit into by the time you get to Lisbon! I was sure I'd have to wear the hotel bathrobe to the farewell dinner as that was all I was going to be able to fit into!! Of course, I could have shown some restraint, but that wasn't about to happen with such delicious offerings!
This discussion has been closed.