Options

Hope we are going on Sep. 11, 2011 !!

My wife and I, Tauck customers over the years,signed on for the Sep 11, 2011 "Week in ...Ireland" tour back in December, 2010. We utilized our Tauck "exclusive Gift" of 2 free hotel nights for an extended stay of 1 extra night(9/10) in Dromoland Castle, Newmarket on Fergus and 1 extra night ( 9/18)in The Westbury Hotel, Dublin.
Went to our travel agent to make final payment, today, and found out Tauck WILL NOT honor their verbal agreement made at time of original sign-on. Our Dec, 2010 booking papers state that "Tauck says it (the pre-night at the Castle) will be confirmed later on." Now, it turns out,they want to send us to another hotel, in a city ( Ennis),further from Shannon airport than Dromoland Castle,for one night and then have us make our own transfer arrangements, and at our own expense, to Dromoland Castle on the 11th to start the tour. Not exactly "...the extra two nights in the START or end..or split them up.." as stated in our "exclusive gift" from Tauck.
Unpacking ...packing...finding and paying for transportation to Dromoland Castle on 9/11 isn't our idea of "...relax, explore and extend.." our Tauck tour.
I hope Tauck will somehow honor their earlier commitment. We already made special arrangements to independently "tour" FROM Dromoland Castle during that extra time on Sep. 10th. That change will also necessitate additional costs to us.
First major problem after 5 Tauck Tours, but a BIG one.

Comments

• Options
    Sent Tauck an email regarding our problem. No response from then.
  • Options
    Made contact with a Tauck representative today. She explained , in detail, Tauck's policy with regard to the unavailability of a "gift" pre-night stay at the Dromoland Castle and offered Tauck's support in making the transfer from the alternate hotel in Ennis to the Castle on the start day of the tour.
    So, it looks as if the wife and I will be making our 6th Tauck tour after all.
    Anyone else out there going on the Sep. 11th "Week in Ireland Tour" and staying a pre-night in Ennis?

• Options
    Hi Mr. Berzok,

I'm glad we were able to help you in resolving this issue!
  • Options
    Wow ! Tauck knows how to work their "magic". Got a call from my travel agent and she informed me that Tauck had notified her that they were able to secure a " "pre-nite" for us at the Dromoland Castle on the afternoon of Sep. 10th. And that in spite of my seeing daily at the castle's web-site that all rooms are booked up for that night. Kudos to Tauck !
    Now it's on to Bunratty Castle and dinner at Dirty Nellies restaurant on the 10th. Anyone out there going on the Sep. 11, 2011 "A Week in Ireland" and looking to join us on our Sep. 10th adventure?
This discussion has been closed.